Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i need some more ideas on getting rid of unused crap under the hood like cruse control an other stuff like that.

S

·
0 Posts
How are you venting the fuel system with the canister out? Just wondering, I removed one and closed looped the system but someone told me I would have lock problems.

The ac compressor will work for vaccuum bagging composite parts.

Throw the cruise control in the trash.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
remove the charcoal canister, plug the lines, and install a vented gas cap. if you dont put a vented cap on, you'll have problems.

·
Blackzilla
1,579 Posts
Enraged said:
remove the charcoal canister, plug the lines, and install a vented gas cap. if you dont put a vented cap on, you'll have problems.
like what?

i pulled out my canister a long time ago, and just have like lines sitting as is.

·
Registered
347 Posts
ridah are your lines venting into the engine or are they closed off? I've heard that venting into engine bay is fine, cause it's being vented, but if they're closed then a vented gas cap is needed to give the gas fumes somewhere to go on a hot day. You probably knew that already though.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
well, for me, i wouldnt want gas fumes puking out under the hood on a hot day...

·
Registered
449 Posts
yeah......how many people have removed thier TEMS??? i was gona do this and go witht he koni adjustables and eibach......like arnout..

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
hmm, you can do these:

Remove, and block off EGR
Remove, and block off charcoal canister
Remove AC
Remove powersteering (and convert to Mustang Steering Rack)
Remove belt driven fan and replace with Electric fans

Just some ideas for making more space in the engine bay... and I always wondered if someone ever put an electric waterpump on a 7MGTE, and if it's a good or bad idea.. that'd free up alot of space, as well as some throttle response.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the ideas .....in the next few weeks all that stuff is goingin the trash thanks again... Adam....

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
I took out my TEMS when I went with my KYB Susp. Wires and harness is still there. I removed the actuators, console switch, and the Comp in the rear.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
There are not enough vapors coming out of the gas tank through the charcoal canister line to ignite or even smell. I've had mine open to the engine bay for years with no problems.

I removed TEMS, minor weight savings, huge money savings ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts