Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Acura Driver
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be looking for another daily driver soon, and wouldn't mind considering this one... what do I need to know about it? Thanks.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
www.freshalloy.com

S13's are horrible daily drivers (old cars, stuff constantly breaking) and thanks to all the drifter bandwagon fags the prices have gone way up. S14's aren't bad but also suffer from the bandwagon markup.

Good DD = civic, corolla, accord, and so on, not a 240.

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
AZmkiii said:
www.freshalloy.com

S13's are horrible daily drivers (old cars, stuff constantly breaking) and thanks to all the drifter bandwagon fags the prices have gone way up. S14's aren't bad but also suffer from the bandwagon markup.

Good DD = civic, corolla, accord, and so on, not a 240.

Bullshit, if the S13's have been taken care of they are more reliable than almost anything of its generation of car. Just because the car is OLD doesnt mean its not reliable. If anything the simplicity of an older car helps in reliability (I.e Having less gadjets and doodads to fuck up.) But when you are looking at an older car to buy, make sure the car has had: frequent oil changes, documented service records, If rust is a problem where you are, make sure it has been oil sprayed and watch out for frame rail rust behind the engine. Also if you hear a kind of Jingling sound under the valve cover that could be a timeing chain guide reliated problem which they are prone to have. But if the car has had freqent oil changes with good oil I.E. Non quakerstate,Penzoil,castrol, it shouldnt be anything to worry about besides an annoying noise.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
speaking of drifter bandwagon fags :lol:

Please don't act like you know S13's because you go on some internet forums and read about them

·
***** or against em.
632 Posts
I've been driving my 240 on the icy roads up here since my beater took a dump on me.

I don't like using it for my DD, all it does is get road grime all over it, and the ice is a constant factor.

I wouldn't buy one for a DD either.

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
AZmkiii said:
speaking of drifter bandwagon fags :lol:

Please don't act like you know S13's because you go on some internet forums and read about them

Listen "dude". Im not a drifting bandwagon fag. I have been around Many S12's S13's S14s. Because I am a "mechanic" Which is more than I can say for your part.

ASS.

·
Banned
40 Posts
I have a 1990 240sx, daily driven whilst my MKIII is getting a complete rebuild. Very fun car, and "knock on wood" Nothing has broken. I have been on top of it religiously with oil changes and keeping it clean and such, and as I type, it's 400 miles away from 200,000 miles. Starts every morning, give no problems whatsoever, is very sturdy and a ton of fun.

So, IMO, if you're looking for a 240sx, make sure you get the thorough history of the car before buying it.

Good luck.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
TE27Levin said:
Listen "dude". Im not a drifting bandwagon fag. I have been around Many S12's S13's S14s. Because I am a "mechanic" Which is more than I can say for your part.

ASS.

Ohhhhhh dissing my mechanical skills :lol:

Anybody who has "been around" s13's would know that they are not good DD's, you have already proven how much you know about them by trying to recomend them.

·
Acura Driver
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input all...

I'm certainly not set on the 240... I am basically looking for a 5 speed, rear drive, non turbo, reliable-but-still-reasonably-fun-to-drive DD. I don't intend to buy a modified one, or modify it once it is bought.

If there are better alternatives, hit me with some ideas. Price range is 6k-8k, approximately.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
ny32182 said:
Thanks for the input all...

I'm certainly not set on the 240... I am basically looking for a 5 speed, rear drive, non turbo, reliable-but-still-reasonably-fun-to-drive DD. I don't intend to buy a modified one, or modify it once it is bought.

If there are better alternatives, hit me with some ideas. Price range is 6k-8k, approximately.
SC300 if you can find a 5spd. One of the most reliable cars. Or an N/A mkiv if you raise your price range.

·
Acura Driver
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RossoCorsaItaly said:
SC300 if you can find a 5spd. One of the most reliable cars. Or an N/A mkiv if you raise your price range.
SC300 would definitely be in consideration if I could find a 5 speed, but I looked before, and could never find one... they are very rare, yes? I'm not interested in an N/A MKIV; for that money I could get another 300z TT.

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
AZmkiii said:
Ohhhhhh dissing my mechanical skills :lol:

Anybody who has "been around" s13's would know that they are not good DD's, you have already proven how much you know about them by trying to recomend them.
Seriously What is your definition of a Good DD.

To me Something that is good on Gas and is reliable makes a good Daily driver. A S13 falls into that definition pretty good. And guess what? Its also fun to drive! Unlike a civic!
-2349389384billion DD points for the civic :eek:

·
Acura Driver
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A BMW of some sort would be another consideration...

What BMW is the one to look for in the 8k range? Early 90's 3 series, but which one?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I daily drive my 91 240sx and it has no problems whatsoever. the odometer stops working from time to time so it only reads 118 k miles on it, even though it has more than that. Sure, since I got mine, I have seen them popping up left and right from all the bandwagon people but it still doesn't compare to the millions of civics out there. I think it gets good gas mileage and it has been very reliable. I'd like to add that I drive it all year in the rain, or snow. Rear wheel drive and snow isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, you just have to be more careful.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts