Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tampa Bay Area Mini Supra Meet
April 30-May 1st

Well a couple mk3 owners around here are trying to get a quick meet together next weekend. It isnt much notice but it isnt anything big. Kelly(psifactor) will be calling Race Related tomorrow trying to get a dyno day with them on saturday. Where not sure of their schedule but were going to try. Then on sunday were going to cruise out to sand key or somewhere right around there on clearwater beach for a nice photo shoot and BBQ at Sandkey.

Saturday, April 30: Tampa Racing Drag @ Bradenton Motor Sports
Sunday, May 1: Photo Shoot and BBQ at Sand Key

We will head out to the BMP for the Tampa Racing Track day. As of now all slots are full but there is always no shows come time for the event. So if you are planning on running get there early and grab one of the no show spots. All information can be found HERE .

Gates open at 4 so we plan to leave somewhere around 3-4 and all cruise out there together.

Afterwards we can stop and grab a bite to eat Cracker Barrel, Applebee’s or whatever then head out for some Saturday night cruising in Tampa.

Drag:
1) psifactor(kelly) - 1jz Mk3
2) ReignMaker(jake) - Mk3 Turbo

On sunday we will head out to Sand Key and try to get some nice pictures of everyone. Also were going to try and do a BBQ out there. After we so whos interested will worry about whos bringing what.

Photo Shoot:
1) jpeek29208(josh) - Mk3 Turbo
2) psifactor(kelly) - 1jz Mk3
3) Reignmaker(jake) - Mk3 Turbo
4) IdealSupra(jayson) - Mk3 Turbo
5) RTA Supra - Mk3 Turbo
6) TurboIs300Matt(matt) - 2jz Is300
7) Bucsfanatic57 - Bum needs a ride
8) pheobo - MkIV TT & NA

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The more we can get to dyno the better. I'll call around and see what type of discounted rates we can get.

·
Tampa Bay Supras
707 Posts
Well, I'll be in Connecticut picking up my engine and tranny... Hopefully, it'll be running next time around...

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
if my supra is running... I might be there :) (dynoing+bbq)

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
You know I'll be there... Jayson has my new ride, so I'll be down to pick her up!

*BIG THANKS to Jayson for not only picking it up, but for inspecting it for me and taking care of the deal on that end, I can never thank you enough my brother!*

I was tellin Kelly that Thursday the famil yis chartering a deep sea boat and I could bring down some of our catch for the grill... Grouper, snapper and what not... Let me knwo if I should bring a cooler of fresh caught fish for the grill...

I cant wait to see you guys, it's gunna be a blast!

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
yeah yeah i guess ill be there... maybe ill get off my lazy ass this week and finish my interior :p

·
Registered
956 Posts
My block is going into the shop in about 15 minutes. I doubt they will have it back to me and I have it back in the car by this weekend, so definitely next time =/.
Jake what new mk3 did you buy?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I might head over.. maybe get my buddy to dyno his mkiii.. I can also get another person to dyno probably.. just need to know the rates(give an estimate).. It wont be a supra, a civic haha.. how many pulls? 3? i need to get a little dyno time to tune the timing

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Bucsfanatic59 said:
Jake what new mk3 did you buy?
THIS ONE! :D :D :D

Yeah yeah! Justin, it would be cool if you made it over! Daniel, it will be great to see you again, and you know I wanna see that race car :bigthumb: And Brad, see if you can find another ride to roll in, atleast make a showing...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
pheobo said:
Humm, if it was not at rev extreme I would be down. Last time I went there for a dyno day they didn’t do the best job.

Dyno Tech didn’t know where to find my tach signal (which is the same as on the 2j) so he proceeded to take apart my valve covers center piece and mess up my freshly polished valve covers. I pointed out I just spent hours polishing those and he was messing them up…so he didn’t say sorry or clean up his mess.

They then ran my car two times without a minute in between which would normally be fine if they didn’t FORGET to put fans on my car.:mad: So the car started to overheat and the radiator boiled over. So just picture 145mph and 7500rpms and NO air flow…. :mad: The dyno was above ground and they were not very social to say what was going on. My car was running 13.5 to 1 a/f which would have been nice if they just warned me I was running slightly lean, or just stopped. I will not be going back to rev extreme anytime soon. I rather pay 40-75 bucks for someone who I can trust not to blow up my car.

Jake your car is so pretty...I cannot wait to see it.

Justin it would be great if you could get a few cars here for a dyno. I'm going to try for around 40 and 3 pulls.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Kelly, is that the same place that dyno'd my car in second gear? :(

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
no no, That was hybrid performance. I was overall pretty happy with them. Just too bad they got 2nd in your car. With the new car that will no longer be a problem :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Omg Jake that car is pure sex. I'm so jealous. I'm praying the machine shop gets off their ass and gets my motor done in the 2-3 days they said it would take. I'm doubting it though. As for a ride, my beater is broke down too. And to top it off somone threw a brick into the windshield. I'll try to tag along with someone, hopefully after this weekend I will be free for any meets.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Jake, your car looks damn good! i'll try to head over.. I'm trying to get my buddy to dyno his mkiii (basically my old car has my motor and trans).. Maybe get my buddies civic over there and tune it a little bit..

Any plans for saturday night? I'd just be comming over for saturday, and want to make sure something will be going on saturday night so its not just a dyno.. you know what i mean?

too bad I wont be bringing my car.. its kinda.. disassembled
:run:
soon....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good luck with this guy's/gal's.

Reign Maker - I would like to meet ya, as there is a nice track event going on Saturday the 30th at BMP. Look for me ina red SS.

Regarding rev x - I wont turn this into a pissing match, but I will state tehy have dyno'ed my car probably 20 + times, never with an issue. They built the car, it makes 502 rwhp NA and thursday we are dynoing it with a little bit of juice.

Here's a pic to show the quality of their work:

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
JuicedSS262 said:
Good luck with this guy's/gal's.

Reign Maker - I would like to meet ya, as there is a nice track event going on Saturday the 30th at BMP. Look for me ina red SS.

Regarding rev x - I wont turn this into a pissing match, but I will state tehy have dyno'ed my car probably 20 + times, never with an issue. They built the car, it makes 502 rwhp NA and thursday we are dynoing it with a little bit of juice.

Here's a pic to show the quality of their work:

to be honest...they seemed like nice people...but to me as well since i was there...they didnt know import cars very much...ESPECIALLY turbo cars...and ESPECIALLY supras...

when someone tells me you dont need a fan because it will give you "unrealistic power figures" on a turb ocharged, front mount intercooled car.... that doesnt give me much confidence. :dunno: :scratch:

im not insultnig their character by any means....but to ME they didnt seem to know much about turbod cars and/or too happy with us even being there...

when they have a viper who wasnt even signed up be allowed to stay on the dyno for over an hour doing 3 pulls.... and then im very patiently waiting and they throw my car on and do three pulls in the matter of 3 minutes...not exaggerating....thats bad...i lost about 40 hp between my first and second pull! not to mention i was under the impression it was $40 for 30 minutes...no matter how many pulls and was told this in person also...but they just did 3 quick pulls and got it off..if me and my friend didnt get on the dyno and say something about changing the afc a little they wouldnt have even told me i was runnnig rather lean... (which i already knew from my egt and af gauges while driving ...)

anyways.... this isnt about rev extreme....

jake i fixed your shifer today...it was missing the entire lower bushing..all fixed now very tight shifting feels a thousand times better.... im taking good care of it waiting for you to come down here...im gonna take that gay tach off tomorrow i think :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Kind of strange. Not sure how Rev Extreme got brought up in this thread since the person hosting the meet said they where trying to arrange it at Race Related.

Also, was it Race Related that you had problems dynoing at? Rev Extreme is in the Brandon Area and I have yet to hear about them ever having a problem dynoing a car.

Hopefully someone can clear this up. Because I have a feeling the person saying they could not get thier car dynoed correctly may be talking about Race Related not Rev Extrem.

Then again, I could be wrong. Maybe someone can chime in and clarify this cause it sounds like there may be some confusion on either my part or someone elses. *shrug*

1 - 20 of 83 Posts