Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any shops in tampa tuning map-ecu's? I know it's not as 'cool' as an AEM, for some reason few shops tune these things. I know Japtrix tunes it but really don't want to take the trip unless I have to. HELP

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I had Vijay S. tune my MAP ECU but I forgot what his Supraforum name was. He did a great job tunning my MAP ECU for Low/High boost almost 3 years ago... and I never had a problem since =) pretty much set it and for get it.. I know he goes back and forth to tampa and orlando... If he responds to this thread he MAY be able to help you...

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
Don't think Alpha tunes MAP ECU anymore.... I know he can but if he likes to is another question..lol

·
1993 RHD/RSP Supra
631 Posts
well with map ecu and reguards to Alpha..lets say he prefers not to.. but he did tune it for me, about two years ago....give him a ring.. he might be up to it again
Chris

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
70mm turbo, 850cc inj, map-ecu2.
I'm assuming some don't like tuning it because of how it reacts when altered in closed loop, but the ME2 has an O2 adjust feature that you can tune in closed loop.

·
Motec - Race Smart
1,086 Posts
Map ecus are very simple. Most of the time the base map will get you pretty close. You will only need to do some minor tweaking on the dyno to get it dialed in. I can tune the map ecu no problem, I'm located in Orlando.

-Darin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts