Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kill Story King
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the forums and new to the tampa area. I live in clearwater and am looking for a supra tuning shop near by. I realize titan motorsports is one of the best but would rather save the long haul for the big mods and keep the tuning local. any ideas

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Welcome...

Monthly tuning? You must own an MKIII :D I took my car to Race Related and Josh did my dyno tune, and he seems to really know his stuff... But I would wait for more local people to answer since I live up in FWB...

·
Kill Story King
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Monthly tuning was more a figure of speech l :stickpoke . I own a 1994 Rred supra targa auto. My current set up is a bpu++, and here is a list of what has been done.

S-afc I, profec b boost controller, 3 row fmic, blitz bov, rod millen down pipe, n1 exhaust, titan cam gears, aluminum water pump, dual electric fans, egr mod, true twin mod, greddy turbo timer, red top optima, hks intake, a arm pod with apex gauges, silicon hose kit, koyo rad, tranny cooler.

I just am looking for someone to tune my car. I am currently having some stalling issues, read through the forums figuring its a boost leak, loss bov spring, or dirty IAC. The car has been babied by me and one owner prevoiusly so I don't think the crank is walking, because there is no drastic flux in idle. Anyways just wanted everything to get checked out. Also looking to mod up a few things so let me know where to go, pm me with address and phone if need be and I will look forward to visiting some local tune shops.

·
Banned
663 Posts
Most likely your car is not cranwalking because on automatics that only occurs with a fauly aftermarket converter....or if the car has been dry started ALOT w/o ample time to give oil to the thrust bearings. Which converter do you have?

If you have the stock MAF plus that Blitz BOV the stalling could simply be due to that or an intake leak. If the car was babied by the previous owner most likely the TB and its related components are VERY dirty, especially if the emissions are still hooked up. Have a look.

·
Kill Story King
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will inspect the throttle body and IAC valve today when I get out of work. I am running the stock MAF, but have had the BOV working with the car for about a year. This problem is recent that is why I am wondering if it is just the culmination of dirt and grim finally causing a malfunctin. I have a stock stall, would like to upgrade to a 3600, but would rather save up for a manual tranny. I have a lot of experience with chevy so maybe a modified th400 like SP does. Anyways completely different topic. If me and my buddy can't fix this I will definetly hit you up for a visit to your shop to resolve this issue. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hey... since VJ is really busy and booked a few months out I got dibs on the next opening at the shop...

STSleeper94, Vijay doesn't have a shop, he just knows is shit and is willing to help for a LOT cheaper then shops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts