Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I have some pics of my exhaust! Tanabe cat-back, 3" stainless TP, and an HKS DP. I know there are better down pipes out there but I went cheap to get my car up and runnin' again.
I need a hi-flo elbow now too.

The new setup is a TON better than the old crap. The engine definitely breathes easier and spools quicker. Installation was really easy and I didn't encounter any problems along the way. The sound is just what I was looking for too. Not stupid loud crusin' but plenty aggressive at WOT.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
hey lumpy do u have any problems wit the DP going over bumps? is your car lowered? i have heard the HKS dp sits a little lower then other DP and i'll be getting the HKS one installed soon.

·
*I see you*
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DP scraping..

You can see in one of the pics there is plenty of clearance. To answer your question suprstkfy: no, my car isn't lowered yet. It doesn't give me any problems at all(I try to go slow up and down steep driveways and such), but it does hang a bit lower than the stocker. I have only scraped something once(the damn driveway was almost 45 deg. I swear). I felt around on the DP but I didn't notice anything. There may be something there but I'd have to crawl under it to find out.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
thanks lumpy

my car will be lowered along with the DP installition so i was a bit worried about it scraping. i have eibach springs which don't lower the car that much since i had it on my other supra..and it lowered the car but not too low but i guess i have to be extra careful wen going over bumps and such from now on.

thanks n i can't wait till i install my DP and cat-back. i'll post pics of my setup too. going wit the HKS DP and HKS exhaaust piping with a magnaflow muffler welded on to it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts