Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard that the Tanabe Racing Medallion is one of the best exhaust for the supra. Does anyone agree/disagree?

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
Other than being ugly as hell, I loved my Tanabe RM. The canister was gutted therefore making it louder than the Ti exhaust.

It's a good exhaust but make sure you contact Dusty for a good price. I think he has some Tanabe exhausts in stock.

Brittany

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hows it sound? Im looking for something lound and deep like the RX7 in the fast and the furious. I loved the way that sounded

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Brittany, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to love my chrome fart can.

·
I are a member
318 Posts
Does anyone know how this exhaust sounds on a mkiii? I'm really interested in getting one of those.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brittany said:
Other than being ugly as hell, I loved my Tanabe RM. The canister was gutted therefore making it louder than the Ti exhaust.

It's a good exhaust but make sure you contact Dusty for a good price. I think he has some Tanabe exhausts in stock.

Brittany
How would I gutt the cainster, If I wanted too? Also, does it increase/decrease performance?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
InFo TecH said:

How would I gutt the cainster, If I wanted too? Also, does it increase/decrease performance?
I don't think there is anything to gut! If you want it loud, just get rid of that silencer.

·
Registered
479 Posts
i was wondering if your tanabe have a square connection with the cat back pipe? I got a tanabe with a square connection. It's really big like a 4'' pipe or something like that.

Can someone post pics of their tanabe RM?

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
The only 4" exhaust is the Ti.

Yes, there is a square bolt pattern for the piping to canister connection.

The diameter is 3.5 or 3.75 i'm not sure which.
There is some glass pack you can take out of the canister I believe.

Brittany

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
The TRM is an awesome exhaugst! I love mine personally, although this is number 2 and I swear my first one was louder. Careful with the ugly comments there Brit! Maybe it is just too much pipe for you to handle :p

Adam

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brittany said:

There is some glass pack you can take out of the canister I believe.

Brittany
Oh, you had someone do it for you...

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Brittany said:
Just messin with ya Brittany!

Adam <--has the biggest and girthiest canister on here :D

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
Brittany said:

You'd really like to think that, wouldn't you :D
I'll show you...here is a pic ;)

:D :p :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I don't want to turn this into a "mine's bigger" post, but...well....I think my Borla is. heh

I'll take a picture of it when I get it back from the dealership. just curious... can any of you fit your fist inside your exhaust? :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts