Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of getting this exhaust but I have a question for those that have this exhaust..

This exhaust on MVP Motorsports:

MVP pic shows the tip angled out?? I would prefer a straight normal setup exhaust.

Is it the same as the one on Tanabe's website?

URL:http://www.tanabe-usa.com/exhausts/medalionhyper.asp

And I wonder about the quality of this very same one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TANABE-SMH-Hyper-Catback-Exhaust-87-92-Supra-Turbo_W0QQitemZ190098100810QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33630QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Anyone who has this setup, where did you but it from and can you post up some pics.

THANKS!!

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
That picture looks like a MKIV exhaust. The MK3 dose not have a angled tip and the same product else where is the samething and same quality. Its not like Tanabe makes them extra special for anyone.

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts
The photo from MVP is not of the specific mk3 kit. Just to let you know the Hyper medallion is the best looking in my opinion but its a really quiet exhaust.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That picture looks like a MKIV exhaust. The MK3 dose not have a angled tip and the same product else where is the samething and same quality. Its not like Tanabe makes them extra special for anyone.
Dang. Looking for a set for my MKIII.

Well the reason why I was checking is, I wanted to make sure there's no ebay copies of Tanabe like what happened to Teins etc.

The photo from MVP is not of the specific mk3 kit. Just to let you know the Hyper medallion is the best looking in my opinion but its a really quiet exhaust.
Yes, I agree, they look really classy. The quiet sound is nice too, great for sleepers! :)

Looking for pics of them on MKIIIs.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
I really enjoy my Tanabe SHM. The tip is straight out, I think it looks really nice. Its VERY quiet, which I really enjoy... you can hardly tell the car is on at idle, but under full boost it snarls at ya :)

·
2JZ swapped!
879 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
My favorite exhaust for the MKIII personally since it is very quite and sits nicely tucked under the bumper, here is how it looks on mine.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
When hearing how quiet the Tanabe is, its hard to beleive its straight through 80mm piping. I can't even hear mine with the windows up. But with the windows down it sounds perfect; nice and smooth growl.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When hearing how quiet the Tanabe is, its hard to beleive its straight through 80mm piping. I can't even hear mine with the windows up. But with the windows down it sounds perfect; nice and smooth growl.
Hello, are you ever down on this side of MD?

I would love to see hear your setup in person. :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Where in MD are you? I would be glad to show you.

I actually sometimes miss the loud siron sound that my APex exhaust put out. But that sure did get tiring fast. Sometimes your in the mood to make some noise, and most of the time your not.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAHAHA. Very cool. I'm in the Gaithersburg area.

What type of DP do you have?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm actually looking at getting this exhaust if I can afford it this summer. Anyone have sound clips on a 7M?

Thanks!

-Nick-

P.S. Didn't mean to thread jack I just think that a sound clip would help. :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I have the 3.5 inch downpipe that comes with HPF turbo kit.

No Catalitic converters either, and its still quiet.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the 3.5 inch downpipe that comes with HPF turbo kit.

No Catalitic converters either, and its still quiet.
How do you get MD inspections with none? Please expound. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts