Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in my new cat-back today, and I've been told it's supposed to stink and smoke for a lil while after install. anyone know how long? so I know if I have a problem or not... (woulda searched it, but can't)

thanx
Nakor

if anyone is interested in seeing or hearing it on an N/A MKIV let me know. I can try to get pics/vid or audio up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I put the Tanabe hyper medallion on my NA-T this winter and drove it for the first time this weekend. I noticed mine didn't start smoking until the exhaust was really hot after a lot of driving. I didn't see the smoke until I came to a stop - at first I was like wtf??!! Then I remembered they said it was normal. Boy does that smoke stink and it continue smoldering after the engine is shut off! I'm hoping it burns off after a couple of heat cycles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've driven mine now 4 times today, with 2 good heat cycles. had a lot less Stink out it tonite after work. I think I've got maybe 40 miles on it now. Love the tone, and the quiet ride, no drone, am really happy with it so far!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts