·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Any pics of the process? Thanks

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Damn, why have I not gotten any notices of the last few posts....I didnt know you guys have been posting in here for the past month :( Sorry.

Thanks Exvelocity.....I just feel guilty that I did this a couple of years ago - with no pics.

But those of you with these leaks, don't sweat it. Just read this thread word for word, and get in there and bust some ass on leaks :) Broken record ---> it works.

My MD vacation is Aug 4th...I'll honestly try and get 1 or 2 mkivs to do this to and I'll have my digital then. And I'll get some help with sticking the pics in here. If I dont get any northern cars, then I can help NoobSupra with his, right by where I live.

Sean

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Copied from a PM (just something to add):

Also, on watching for the leak during a rain storm.....make sure the car is dry on the inside of the headliner before the rain starts. then get in there EARLY or immediately after the rain starts.
The idea is that you want to visually locate THE FIRST DROP as it enters the car. That will indicate the direction from which the rain is entering....

Recognize that the center point of the roof/windshiled is the roof's highest point. The drip will enter the car anywhere downward from that center point.
The first possible entrance location (from the car's center) is the screw hole for the targa "eyebrow" assembly.
The next possible entrance point is the gutter system where it connects to the drain hose.

So, locating THE FIRST drop is part of the trick to nailing the leak and fixing it with the rest of my thread's info.
But then again, my thread's info is written to knock out all of the entrance points anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sean, Great post man, thank you. Have you or anyone else here ever tried this in a MKIII/ Mine is a 91, I also get the trunk filled up issue after rainstorms. Any advice appreciated!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts