Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Do a search for targa leak fix... here, Supramania, and on the net. There are some illustrated examples of how to do it properly. It will cost you ALOT to have done anywhere like the dealership. Even then, they probably do not have the experience to get it right the 1st time.

Good luck!

· 1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,696 Posts
get new seals from Toyota, all 4 will cost about $120 or so plus shipping. They are EZ to install as well so don't stress over it.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
I snagged all four from a junkyard three years ago, they looked new, I paid 5 bucks for them lol.

· Small pockets
355 Posts
get new seals from Toyota, all 4 will cost about $120 or so plus shipping. They are EZ to install as well so don't stress over it.
here they want around 300 for all 4 -_-

120 for just the front or back -_-

· Registered
6,153 Posts
If the front/rear targa seals are fubar, start there. If not, start off with the targa sides/rails. If the leak is stopped, you're good-to-go. Still leaking, look at adjusting window/replacing the front or rear targa/body seals.

· Banned
5,915 Posts
Doing the sides SUCK!.

I did the RTV mod. I didn't completely replace them... The driver's side doesn't leak anymore, but the passenger leaks worse. (wtf) So I gotta go back in there and clean all that mess out and do it again.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Doing the sides SUCK!.

I did the RTV mod. I didn't completely replace them... The driver's side doesn't leak anymore, but the passenger leaks worse. (wtf) So I gotta go back in there and clean all that mess out and do it again.
I wish I had a hardtop.

· Banned
5,915 Posts
The major cause of the leak is in the gutter system in the targa itself. The plastic trim inside holds the water due to the rubber not sealing against the metal targa. So it seeps down, the trim holds it and its going to do 2 things: Overflow or when you come to a stop light, its all going to fall on your left leg.

· boost'en down 101
1,566 Posts
:lol:

what a fucking surprise!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.