Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i try to put my targa back on, the driver's side doesn't come set in like it should so i cant even screw it back. when i drive it just bobbles up and down and i know i shouldnt drive like that. any help? ill post pics if i have to

·
Registered
605 Posts
My driver's side front bolt is stripped and won't screw in as well. Don't know if this is the same problem you're referring to.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
my weather stripping around my targa needs to get replaced coz everytime i wash my car, water leaks thru :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
When I drive sometimes my passenger frnt comes loose, I don't know if it's from the frame twisting or what, but I tighten it but don't want to strip it.

·
I-Am The Difference
795 Posts
Suprachik8 said:
my weather stripping around my targa needs to get replaced coz everytime i wash my car, water leaks thru :(
Yeah ya know I have a little drip as well not much but still annoying :(

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
BlackWindEXE said:
when i try to put my targa back on, the driver's side doesn't come set in like it should so i cant even screw it back. when i drive it just bobbles up and down and i know i shouldnt drive like that. any help? ill post pics if i have to

Not sure what you're saying. "Come set in" ?

sean

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Suprachik8 said:

Where precisely are you leaking at? There are several spots that water begins it's entrance....so there are different fixes/locations of fixes.

·
Registered
605 Posts
1badsup said:
It wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the targa bolts. They're about $1 a piece. That should fix your problem.
If I have a stripped bolt on the driver side front, will that fix it?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
if your targa leaks, there is this BMW manufactured sealant that you can buy. I know a lot of mr2 guys use them on their targas...

·
Registered
806 Posts
:stickpoke But we don't drive BMW's :D

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
MR2ninja said:
if your targa leaks, there is this BMW manufactured sealant that you can buy. I know a lot of mr2 guys use them on their targas...

The key is to know where to put it. I personally have found that the sticky backing on Dynamat works just perfectly. Not messy and it's very manipulative.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
blkturbo!: I'm sure there are other great items one could use as a sealant, such as the one you mentioned.

before getting into drastic measure, try some silicone spray (the 100% kind, nothing with petroleum, which may eat your rubber). if that fails try the next step, which might be what blkturbo mentioned...

·
Bend Over.
162 Posts
First you cant get the targa off, now you cant get it on, talk about luck :( But back on topic, I agree with the silicone spray.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I cant imagine how far out of alignment it could be. I have to wiggle mine slightly, but that's just to make sure the threads are biting correctly before I actually start screwing it in. But actual alignment?? Either the body or the targa would have to be far outta whack from what I'm imagining, but I doubt thats the problem....

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Then I'd have to say they're stripped in that corner.....need new bolt and/or nut in that corner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts