Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, is there any special method of loosening the front bolts, i've tried everything short of heating them with a god damn oxcy torch... they just do NOT wanna budge, there isn't a special key is there? it should just come loose with an allen wrench right? thanks in advance.

-Shannon

·
way over budget
664 Posts
you do know there is a special tool for putting on and removing the roof right? it's a little allen bit and a ratchet.

Have you ever had your targa off? if so did you do anything different the last time you put it on?

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i just got the car before winter, this was my first attempt, and no i did not know there was a "special"key, all the previous owner supplied me with was an allen bit... :( shit do i need to BUY a darn key to pop it off?

·
way over budget
664 Posts
i doubt you NEED to buy it, but it's really nice to have, it makes it really easy since it ratchets. also it's only 18 dollars from toyota for the ratchet part, i don't know about the little bit for it though. i'd just make absolutely sure you have the right size bit so you don't strip it, then get some leverage and try harder to loosen it, it can be kind of tough to turn if you tighten it down really hard.

edit: found the picture of the tool on the tsrm. #09168 and #09169
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/EPC/MKIII_NATO/291410/0901_1.html

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thanks ill try again in the morning, hopfully itll still be nice outside! ill post again after i try, thx again

-Shannon

S

·
0 Posts
you don't NEED to buy it from toyota!!! i use a 6mm allen bit socket and a small ratchet. works great.

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it figured out, i just got a ratchet, and a 6mm allen piece, worked like a charm, they were EXREMELY tight! thx again guys

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
XFFE said:
I got it figured out, i just got a ratchet, and a 6mm allen piece, worked like a charm, they were EXREMELY tight! thx again guys
yeah..sometimes when they are tight and you work at it till their loose...u just feel so accomplished.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
I know mine were like that too when I first got my car, I don't think theguy had the top off for a while before I got it. but in any case, congrats on your first experience with the targa off :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts