Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we turn the lock, the bolt won't pull out from the body... any tips on how to get the top off (Or will it come off with the other 4 bolts undone?), so that I can then replace the mechanism? THANX

·
11,219 Posts
The top won't come off if you remove the 4 corner bolts with the center one locked. It's doing its job. I guess the last resort would have to be sawing it between the gap of the chassis and the top.

What do you mean it won't come out? Like the Allen nut is stripped or nothing happens even though you can turn it?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw... the allen-nut is good, but when it's turned, nothing happens... like maybe something is loose within the assembly and it can't "catch."

Didn't spend much time on it, but will try again this evening. Cutting it seems like alot of work :-(

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Depending on how the center lock is messed up, the targa top might be able to
come undone with the 4 corner bolts unscrewed. Give it a shot 1st.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
try putting it in the unlocked position and then prying on that lock pin part with a screwdriver to get it out of the hole. sounds like you can unlock it but the pin won't come out so try that. you might have to press the targa top down or move it around a little to take the pressure off that pin to make it move easier.

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
^^ definately sounds like a solution

I had targa top trouble too... at the end i had to buy a whole new one!! =(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts