Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear screws of my targa top got loose. How am I suppose to remove the lining of the targa top? I need to get under the carpet. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
94 Posts
There are four screws that hold the weather stripping down in the four corners, after that slowly peel the weather stripping out. It is kinda sticky, and be careful not to tear it.

From there the rain sills should have 2-4 screws each, holding them to the roof. They should pop off at this point, they might need some motivation...

After that the carpet is held on by some yellow plastic clips. use a flat head to carefully unpop them. From there you should be able to see the bolts you are looking for.

There are four different bolts that need to be tightened, 2 10mm and 2 13mm. Be very CAREFULL, as I tried to tighen them and snapped one of them right off.

I also added a layer of dynamat while I had it off which made nice difference, since I had some major rattle issues when the sub hit.

Put every thing back together in reverse order. I used some gasket maker when I reinstalled the weather stripping to make sure that it wont leak.

I just did this yesterday so PM if you have any other questions.

Brandon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts