Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a targa top/sport roof call it what you want but is there somewhere online or a # someone might have were you can get weatherstriping for that ?? mine is worn out and i am tired of gettin a lap full of water :faint: when it rains to hard or any other ideas to fix it?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
There are quite of few write ups on the replacement process. Any of our Toyota parts sponsors can get 'em for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't really looked for a new weather strip but I took some 3m black silicone and used card board to rebuild the parts that it seemed to leak at.. it worked really well. However I assume with most targa tops when the window is cracked open you always get water dripping where the top meets the A pillar.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Jeff at jay marks, its not really that expensive and its worth it :) Go to the sponored section.

·
Registered
110 Posts
When mine leaked I just went to the local parts store and bought some silicone lube, took the roof off and spayed the silicone on a cloth and rubbed it into all the weather stipping a couple times. Fixed the leaks right up. My guess is when the seals get old they dry up and shrink and the silicone helps the to swell up agian.

Matt

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I've found that it's not always the seals, but the glue behind them breaks down and allows water to pool in the trim...

It can be fixed without changing the seals, but it's very hard to remove the seals without them falling apart, but make sure you put them back together with better glue than stock

SOGI has a few writeups on this...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts