Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... i have a problem... hope you guys can help me... when it rains the wather come into my car throw here, in the passenger side:

Should i remove the roof side rail weatherstrip? I dont know what to do...

Hope you guys can help me... and sorry my English!!!!:p

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Jeff, how's that single working out for ya?

You can get the replacement stripping from Curt. Not sure how much shipping would be to portugal though...

James

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
damn dude thats a big gap.....

remedy #1......weld the damn targa shut...

remedy #2......get the new weather stripes that go on the targa as well as the one that goes on top of the windshield.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I had problems with water leaking in through there a while back but I found the problem was the targa wasnt bolted in perfectly. Try going onto a level surface, and reinstalling the roof. It might help.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdmuscle said:
damn dude thats a big gap.....

remedy #1......weld the damn targa shut...

remedy #2......get the new weather stripes that go on the targa as well as the one that goes on top of the windshield.
This weather stripes... Toyota sell it??? Maybe i can buy here in Portugal...

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
those weather stripes on the car...go for about 48 us dollars each..u need two (front n back)...then i really dunno know wat they charge for the ones that go on the targa!! hey how about this

remedy #3 dont drive your car in rain.....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Before you buy seals I would adjust the windows. If you search there was a thread about how to adjust the door windows. Its very easy to do. Just have to take the door panel off.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing when I washed my car. I just readjusted the targa top and all is well...........of course you could also park it in a garage and never drive it in the rain...... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Side bars aren't sealed to the targa anymore probably. Water leaks into the targa and will leak out in that front corner. You can probably run a very small bead of silicon in the rail to seal it to the targa and solve the problem.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Have you tried pasting some silicone in that gap? Maybe it's not a long-term solution, but at least it could stop the seeping.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Contact Mark here on the forums...I think he found a cheap easy solution to fixing that leak without getting new strips from toyota. He is the #1 targa flipper and leak chaser

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The Best way is to adjust the window up some. Believe me I have replaced the seals and still would get wind noise and leaks in the same spots. When I adjusted the window it fixed it. Just trying to help you not spend any money

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks WhiteBlazze. ;)

Yeh, I have been in there a bunch. If the leak is around the windows, which some of mine was, I ended up building up the weather stripping with a special sealant called THE RIGHT STUFF that you can get from Autozone. It built up the seal and really helped. If you need to build the seal where the targa meets to car's seal, put sealant there and once it dries, cut a slit there with a razorblade so that the targa seal separates from the body seal. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts