Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been asked, i dont think so, But does anybody makea quick discconect kid for the mk3 roof? i love the top but its a hastle to put on and off if you are trying to go in the super market or something, plus i dont trust leaving the top off, already had a sterio stolen, thanx guys

·
Registered
627 Posts
there is no kit for it... and if you think about it, there can't be since they are bolts and not clips or something.

if loose..... it can't be pulled out from the back, only from the front.... so what i tend to do is just slap it on and turn the front 2 screws a couple times... that will keep anyone out of it... just don't forget to tighten it if you decide not to take it off again. once i made that mistake of putting the roof on without bolting it up at all... targa top went airborne once the car reached 20mph :(

another thing to consider is a proximity sensor... i have one as well, so i just leave the roof off and roll the windows up... someone tries to stick their arm or something in the car from the top the proximity sensor goes off and i'm paged (i have a pager too). that's good enough for me. the ideal spot for a proximity sensor is underneath the backseat cushions.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
joey_daze said:
use a black & decker drill to take it off and put it on.
LOL wow :werdlol:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
Do craftsman drills work for this as well or is it only black and decker...?

·
Registered
596 Posts
just be glad you can take your guys' off... i think i stripped mine from one time i tried to put it on when it was pitch black out.. :bs:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why cant there be one thread without negative comments, just answer somones question,

S

·
0 Posts
what are you talking about nose-gobblin.. it was a valid comment.. i use a B&D drill also!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
naah, i got a mini drill with the rite size bit that i keep in my center counsel, it takes a complete oohhh id say 30 sec if not less and the targa is off :bigthumb:

im pretty sure there is some way u can custom make a couple brackets and a couple spring loaded levers, just takes a little tinking :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
most quick latches dont hold very tightly which makes our already common to leaking tops even more probable. It would be very nice to have though cuz busting out the allen is a pita.

·
Registered
79 Posts
born2drv said:
just don't forget to tighten it if you decide not to take it off again. once i made that mistake of putting the roof on without bolting it up at all... targa top went airborne once the car reached 20mph :(
LMAO...

You're not the first person this has happened to. I've read about this happening to others a few times on this forum. As a result of these posts, I decided not to tempt fate and I always fully tighten my roof even if it's time consuming.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
bkma71 said:
most quick latches dont hold very tightly which makes our already common to leaking tops even more probable. It would be very nice to have though cuz busting out the allen is a pita.
That's so true, when I first bought my car, there was no targa kit with it, just the allen wrench. I got too mad at it, and decided to saw it in half, and custom make my own targa wrench.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If i ever go into a place when I'll be leaving my car alone for a while I just set the roof on. I won't even bolt it in place, but I NEVER go ANYWHERE with the top on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts