Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking lately, there isn't a guide for newbies or anyone else out there that breaks down the minumum and maximum prices involved in purchasing a MKIV Supra and converting it to Single Turbo. I put together a spreadsheet that outlines costs involved, assuming you do all your own labor, and this is just for major parts only. It doesn't take into account buying Used Parts or parts of of Ebay. It assumes average retail prices for everything involved.

This is a general guide for those interested or newbies who simply don't know which parts to select. It also gives an average based on what I researched as the highest and lowest brand new parts available except for Ebay.

Please note you go go to extremes on everything and drive the costs up through the roof, and nickel and dime yourself to death on things. This is a rough analysis.

Please all notes and comments welcome.

DOWNLOAD THE ACTUAL CHART HERE:

http://users.adelphia.net/~braddman/Suprachart.xls

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
I would agree with all that jazz, but add a clutch.

G

·
Nice idea. But IMO, there are too many options to simply generalize them into an Exel spreadsheet. I guess itll provide a decent guideline for newbies.

Its the same thing as 'dream shopping' at any of the online stores.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blank Man said:
Nice idea. But IMO, there are too many options to simply generalize them into an Exel spreadsheet. I guess itll provide a decent guideline for newbies.

Its the same thing as 'dream shopping' at any of the online stores.
Newbies don't even know what they have to buy, this gives them and anyone else a list and an idea of what their options are for lowest and highest costs.

·
@llcoolgene
662 Posts
Beautiful Work Brad!!!! What about shipping charges for the overnight parts from Japan??? :bigthumb:
+1

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Maybe a column for tuning? IMO, this seems to be the thing that accounts more for good/bad experiences than anything else. How many times have we seen people spend a crapload on parts then try cheap out on the tune?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Is it really NECCESARY to get a bodykit? :scratch:

I agree that tuning should be in there, especially over a bodykit.

Other then that nice breakdown. I'm sure this will help many new members out dramatically.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Remember, some things on there are optional, I'm sure someone buying one will know a bodykit is optional. Tuning should be on there, I agree, I'll adjust that later today.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
braddman said:
I'm sure someone buying one will know a bodykit is optional.
I don't know, I think you might be giving some of the new members to much credit there. They might think that with all that extra power they will need a huge ass wing and crazy veilside side skirts to keep them on the road. Maybe you just have more hope for some people then I do. :)

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fixed, added tuning. If the majority thinks brakes, bodykit, suspension don't need to be on there, I'll remove it. After all you could build the car without any of that.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
I disagree with....

Intercooler low end..... EBAY
Turbo kit low end.... SP Budget kit.
Fuel system low end... piece together yourself for ~$1100.
Average price of a supra $32,500...... HAHAHAHAHAHA A bit high?

·
Boost Junkie
12,692 Posts
Forgot Built Toyo Trans-$1800.00-$3500.00
Torque converter-$900.00

Or

TH400 Kit of some sort-$3500.00-$6500.00

For the auto guys.

Steve K.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Nice contribution, thanks. I agree that those are good general guideline prices.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Just FYI - I know for a fact that some have payed close to $30k more than your high-end value for an Immaculate 97-98.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jim Swantko said:
Just FYI - I know for a fact that some have payed close to $30k more than your high-end value for an Immaculate 97-98.
You serious? You've seen a stock 97-98 go for 70-80k dollars, because someone is dumb if they paid that much.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts