Supra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
MKIV intervention needed
3,021 Posts
I bet labor would double the price's or more.....
i would add a 500$ travel expense to tuning
because most people dont live next to sp or justin;
and an aem with sensors and dli + install will set you back 3000 not 2500, but close.

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
king8la: It's in MS Excel 1997-2003 (.xls file extension) format. It should open in any Excel program unless you are posting from the mid-90's :) I hope that helps.
Chris

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wouldn't consider Carrillo Rods "cheap" by any means, they run about $1800 for H-beams. I would put them on the expensive end of the list and eagles on the cheap end pricing in at around $550?

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
I wouldn't consider Carrillo Rods "cheap" by any means, they run about $1800 for H-beams. I would put them on the expensive end of the list and eagles on the cheap end pricing in at around $550?
skylinegtr20: While you are correct on the pricing of Eagle rods for the 2JZ, I believe that the originator of this spreadsheet, braddman, was an MVP Motorsports guy, so he was probably going by their opinion of them:

MVP Motorsports said:
We absolutely do not recommend these rods. The stock 2JZ-GTE rods are just as good as these. If you want nice rods then get Carrillo. We offer these in an effort to carry every product for your Supra, however we definitely do not recommend them.
In other words, not worth buying over stock, so not worth putting on the spreadsheet in his opinion. The spreadsheet was specifically discussing costs for an MKIV TT, so maybe if 2JZ-GE NA rods were thrown in the mix the Eagles might make more sense to put on the list. However, from looking around a new set of 2JZ-GTE rods from Elmhurst would run you about $400, so maybe not.

Also, the spreadsheet was made more than 3 years ago and has not been updated since then to my knowledge, I just re-host the original file so people can have access to it. From a current glance through MVP's site, the following rods are listed:

Eagle rods are still cheapest at $543
Brian Crower Pro Series rods at $950
Crower I-Beam rods at $1,070
Carillo A-Beam rods at $1,050
Carillo H-Beam rods at $1,620
GReddy Forged rods at $2,199​

I am sure there are other alternatives out there, but from a quick review the rod numbers in the spreadsheet still hold up pretty well. If I get some time, I may go in and review the numbers in the spreadsheet and update it a bit in some areas. I doubt Brad will mind since he isn't on here much these days, but chime in if you do! Also, while I am posting, here is the current link to the cost analysis spreadsheet again so that it stays visible to thread visitors:

http://www.fuindustries.com/MKIV/Spreadsheets/MKIV-Turbo_Upgrade_Costs-Original.xls

I hope that helps.

Chris

81 - 100 of 119 Posts