Supra Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I' m still a huge noob, and i've also looked around the forums quite a bit, and haven't found this info yet, so i'll ask it here.

How much different would the list/cost be if someone was starting with a N/A?

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
I know that nobody has probably paid attention to this in a while but, you could probably change the "High cost" of electronics and use the Motec for that, just a thought

·
Super Moderator
10,269 Posts
I saved the original XLS document and, because I'm a tech-illiterate, I got my good friend, Wreckless, to take a screen shot of it and convert it to a jpg document I have posted below. Thanks, Jeff!

To those seeing this information for the first time, or did not participate in this exercise 10-years ago in 2006, please do not get twisted about parts no longer widely available, or discontinued altogether. The same advice goes for first-generation products from manufacturers that have been superseded by products from the same manufacturer. The AEM V.1 EMS would be a good example of this. As one who participated in the development of this document, along with Braddman, Steel City Supra, Ryan Woon, Silver Bullet and other Supra OGs, the focus of this effort was to show new Supra owners, and those bitten by the power bug, the approach taken by those ascribing to the "Do it right. Do it once." tenet of Supra engine and car building.

It also shows what was considered necessary at the time to have a balanced car for your intended purpose once you started making really big power (brakes, suspension, drive train, etc.). The point of this exercise, of course, was to help Supra owners make informed decisions about building up their cars, a "look before you leap" advisory, so to speak. Hopefully, it serves the same purpose in 2016 it served in 2006. Enjoy:

Ken.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I saved the original XLS document and, because I'm a tech-illiterate, I got my good friend, Wreckless, to take a screen shot of it and convert it to a jpg document I have posted below. Thanks, Jeff!

To those seeing this information for the first time, or did not participate in this exercise 10-years ago in 2006, please do not get twisted about parts no longer widely available, or discontinued altogether. The same advice goes for first-generation products from manufacturers that have been superseded by products from the same manufacturer. The AEM V.1 EMS would be a good example of this. As one who participated in the development of this document, along with Braddman, Steel City Supra, Ryan Woon, Silver Bullet and other Supra OGs, the focus of this effort was to show new Supra owners, and those bitten by the power bug, the approach taken by those ascribing to the "Do it right. Do it once." tenet of Supra engine and car building.

It also shows what was considered necessary at the time to have a balanced car for your intended purpose once you started making really big power (brakes, suspension, drive train, etc.). The point of this exercise, of course, was to help Supra owners make informed decisions about building up their cars, a "look before you leap" advisory, so to speak. Hopefully, it serves the same purpose in 2016 it served in 2006. Enjoy:

Ken.

Thanks Ken, well said, too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The original link works on Mobile devices. Instead of just clicking it, Hold it down and hit "Save link as..." I downloaded it yesterday on my phone. If you have windows or android, you can easily transfer the guide to your computer.

·
Super Moderator
10,269 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
The original link works on Mobile devices. Instead of just clicking it, Hold it down and hit "Save link as..." I downloaded it yesterday on my phone. If you have windows or android, you can easily transfer the guide to your computer.
Can you repost this please? Or email it to [email protected] dot net. I'll update and repost when my old account gets reactivated. I tried on my phone and no go...or I'll create one from scratch.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts