Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am considering a WBo2 controller+sensor for my car. And I have narrowed it down to 2 controllers. The Techedge 2.0 or the LM1 from innovatemotorsports.

The Techedge has a lot of things that I like
1) smaller Digital Display(the LM1 is big and ugly)
2) RPM reading/logging without $100 cable(needs palm, which I have)

The LM1 has some good stuff itself
1) Internal memory for logging(the TE does not)
2) Its built in the US, thus faster to get + Easier service should I need it
3) Can use various O2 sensors, like the NTK, and LSU4

On either, I will use the Bosch LSU4. I have found that the TE will cost $375+12 insurance. Total $387+38 for Bosch O2. Total $425, vs the $350 for the Techedge.

I am leaning very much so, to the Techedge, because of the remote display and the RPM data logging. But I have read that some people have problems with the Tech edge. Also, I need to worry about overheat. Which controller is better for powering the O2. I have a bung(for my Greddy A/F), which is welded pretty close to my turbo. I am also worried about buying a part from so far away, since I may need repair or whatever.

Finally, does anyone know if the HKS knock Amp can use the Bosch sensor?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have heard that the Techedge unit isn't always accurate and that the customer service isn't the greatest since it is out of the country.

I just bought the LM1 and I'm happy with it. Very simple install, and with the RPM converter you can also log up to four other inputs besides AFs and RPMs. The unit also has 2 outputs so you can use it to hook up to your stock ECU or to a AF gauge or panel meter. This way you can read your AFs while keeping the ugly unit out of site. After buying the unit, RPM converter, and better display you are looking at $500. From what people have said about the Techedge, the LM1 unit is better quality and the extra $125 is well worth it.

·
GOT BOOST?
551 Posts
I aggree...
Had the techEdge, many probles with it... None so far with the LM1. Much easyer to instal and use too...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I think I probably will go this route.

Also, do I actually need the RPM converter to log RPMs? Or can I just use the ECU RPM readout(like the SAFC does)?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I think you need the RPM converter. You can try to make or buy your own but for $99 with many other inputs I think the unit is priced right. I'm not too knowledgable about the subject but I think that the RPM signal can't be measured directly...

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Does the LM1 come with the actual display that shows the digital readout of the airfuel ratio? It was not clear if that was included in the 350 dollar price.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, the unit has a display, but its built into the Controller. So its not easily mountable

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has anyone opened up the Innovate unit to see if you could remove the display, extend the wires for it, and mount it somewhere else?

Also, how well does the TechEdge/Innovate work with the AEM ECU?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yeah, the readout comes with the unit but it is pretty crappy. Thats why i bought an AF gauge to hook up to an output.

I will try to open my unit up if I get some free time.

Ballistic, I think AEM works with a cheap, effective wideband and you wouldn't need a seperate unit like the Techedge or LM1. Search this site or check the AEM forums for more details.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just as a heads up, the AEM does not use the Bosch from VW. You have to get replacements from AEM.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I just called Innovate and placed myself on list to order the unit once the aux cable #2 (for capturing RPM with inductive pickup) is released (in about 2 weeks).

I asked about an external gauge for the unit and they told me they are making one (52 mm analog) that will be ready sometime in January.

Veilside TT - I sent you a PM with a couple of questions seeing that you already have the unit.

Danny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts