Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I sure can't... ;)

Car showed signs of leaking tranny fluid. Oily red v160 was found under passenger side bell housing bolts on the car. 98 w/ 37k miles.

Then the clutch started to act up meaning the pedal would not spring back from the engagement point. It would be very soft and you'd have to pull it up with your foot. It doesn't feel normal. Clutch fluid is full, not leaking anything.

What could this be?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The front seal on the transmission might be leaking and the oil is running along the input shaft...

this oil could get covered with dirt and turn into a thick sticky mess...

it probably worked its way to the TOB and built up along it's sliding surface with all the dirt and grime building up...causing it to stick

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Remove the bellhousing inpection covers and look at the pressure plate and throwout fork while someone pushes the clutch pedal in. If everything appears to move normally but the pedal doesn't spring back, then somehow the diaphragm spring in the pressure plate is fucked. I've never heard of this happening before, usually symptoms like you describe are from a hydrolic leak in the clutch system.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's exactly what I was thinking....No leak to be found--

1 - 4 of 4 Posts