Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
$745 for 18hp?? Youd have better luck with cams. Cheaper, and more power. If you can pick up JT87NA's, then that would be better, since its cheaper....

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
I guess it's not a bad deal even at 750 for those kinds of gains if they are legit. Headers back exhuast can easily run up to 750 dollars and the probably similar gains.

·
vvti. what
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but the my main concern is that it could be a scam like them JET ecus. i dont want no placebo effect ;)

·
2,023 Posts
haha yeah that would suck. YOu can get jet affects with a resistor right? haha. I got one for free ordering some mesh on ebay. lol. Basically does what the afm flap mod does I think. The na already runs rich.. I don't know if it's worth it.

·
Senior
1,479 Posts
waynis said:
I guess it's not a bad deal even at 750 for those kinds of gains if they are legit. Headers back exhuast can easily run up to 750 dollars and the probably similar gains.
Will the Apexi SAFC work on your car? Won't you get similar gains for far less?
Sounds steep for a street daily driver engine.

·
2,023 Posts
vreaux728645 said:
Will the Apexi SAFC work on your car? Won't you get similar gains for far less?
Sounds steep for a street daily driver engine.
yeah. I'd rather take my chances with the afc. Cause atleast they have been proven.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Iceberg are you going to go for the one on ebay? If not I might consider it and do a before and after on the dyno so we will all know if they work. This is assuming the price does not get very high, at all.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
KLH2004a said:
Iceberg are you going to go for the one on ebay? If not I might consider it and do a before and after on the dyno so we will all know if they work. This is assuming the price does not get very high, at all.
How do you think they got the data on gains in hp/toruqe. Just pulled it out of thin air? They dynoed. Reg Reimer has been using the Techtom system for years. You definately will see a gain in power. Mostly from 3,000 to redline.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Iceberg319 said:
but the my main concern is that it could be a scam like them JET ecus. i dont want no placebo effect ;)
I was just trying to let him know that at the price I was willing to try it out and see what happens since he had doubts.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
KLH2004a said:
I was just trying to let him know that at the price I was willing to try it out and see what happens since he had doubts.
Yeah I understand what your saying..later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts