Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148901
Above is the original posting from the (Northeastern Forum). Unfortunately I didn't get the resonse I had wished (thanks to those who did reply/email me).
Basically if you have wiring knowledge you have me beat, i'm more of a labor oriented craftsman:D
I need someone who can wire the TECIII to the electrical system (not hard if you've wired before).
I have all the instructions manuals etc and will pay for any tools/strippers you'll need to get the job done.
I know it's near Christmas and it's going to be snowing soon but i'd really like to get it running.
Thanks in advance-

G

·
I got the tech 3 installed by pfs in mannassas VA, might want to check them out. Thats the only emu's they use for the 2jz motors.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Make sure you ask some RX7 guys about Petah's work ethic before you go over there. Ask him if he's taking credit cards again or if it's still cash only too before you let him have the car. Let's just say that he's not always been squeaky clean. <ahem>

You might also want to walk across the parking lot and knock on Electromotive's door to see if perhaps THEY might be interested in doing the job since they designed the EMS in question. ;)

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BLKMGK said:
Make sure you ask some RX7 guys about Petah's work ethic before you go over there. Ask him if he's taking credit cards again or if it's still cash only too before you let him have the car. Let's just say that he's not always been squeaky clean. <ahem>

You might also want to walk across the parking lot and knock on Electromotive's door to see if perhaps THEY might be interested in doing the job since they designed the EMS in question. ;)
LOL, I've heard those rumors too:D

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
paul @ msp has done a few supras with tec3, i would speak to him

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, He's the one who fucked it up in the first place (best tuner around, right?) Thanks though.

G

·
BLKMGK said:

Peters side is much more believable, his work ethic with the is300's has been inpecable. Only cash still. There are always two sides to the story, peter has a very goog relationship with electromotive, and yea electromotive is accross the street. You also have to remember that Ray Wilson does all the tuning with the tech 3 at pfs and his reputation is very solid with the rx7 and supra ppl.

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*Update* Thanks for everybodys help with this matter, but it looks like i'm going to have to bring someone in (can't do it even with help from you guys). Damn wiring, why can't it be like connecting Legos? Anyways, back to the car.

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
BLKMGK said:

:lol:

vnt

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
MKIV4Door said:
Peters side is much more believable, his work ethic with the is300's has been inpecable. Only cash still. There are always two sides to the story, peter has a very goog relationship with electromotive, and yea electromotive is accross the street. You also have to remember that Ray Wilson does all the tuning with the tech 3 at pfs and his reputation is very solid with the rx7 and supra ppl.
Which side would that be? If I had a dollar for every person I've bumped into who claimed Peter f*cked them I'd be rich. I know one guy who blew two rotaries, on Peter's tuning BTW, and when the third one blew (a crate motor Peter installed - guy was nearly broke at this point) he took it to Rotary Performance up the street. On teardown their comment was "This isn't a Mazda crate motor, it's a collection of someone's spare parts". There's also the matter of Peter not taking CC's for awhile - cash only. Gee, a few chargebacks? That was a neon sign for me, I declined to allow them to work on my car. I've heard all about his taking an ex-employee to court, the boat story, and on and on - those don't conern me so much as his being a complete jerk and totally untrustworthy.

That said - the mechanic I spoke to was top notch, Peter on the other hand is a flaming jerk.

I knew a mechanic who worked for Peter when he was racing. On at least one occasion he was short a motor and used a customer's motor on race day without their knowledge when push came to shove. He may be building a reputation on the IS300 these days but he pissed off the Honda guys year's ago and mentioning his name on a Rotary board is asking for it. Some seem to love him but the horror stories are WAY too numerous to discount. I do not trust him.

P.S. Ask him about converting automatic RX7s to stick in order to mark them up. Do you think he told the buyers?

A quick Google Search -> http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach.../1631?source=1+pfs+rx7club.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
http://www.northstarrotaries.com/vendors/vendor.asp?vendorid=30

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
BLKMGK said:
Which side would that be? If I had a dollar for every person I've bumped into who claimed Peter f*cked them I'd be rich. I know one guy who blew two rotaries, on Peter's tuning BTW, and when the third one blew (a crate motor Peter installed - guy was nearly broke at this point) he took it to Rotary Performance up the street. On teardown their comment was "This isn't a Mazda crate motor, it's a collection of someone's spare parts". There's also the matter of Peter not taking CC's for awhile - cash only. Gee, a few chargebacks? That was a neon sign for me, I declined to allow them to work on my car. I've heard all about his taking an ex-employee to court, the boat story, and on and on - those don't conern me so much as his being a complete jerk and totally untrustworthy.

That said - the mechanic I spoke to was top notch, Peter on the other hand is a flaming jerk.

I knew a mechanic who worked for Peter when he was racing. On at least one occasion he was short a motor and used a customer's motor on race day without their knowledge when push came to shove. He may be building a reputation on the IS300 these days but he pissed off the Honda guys year's ago and mentioning his name on a Rotary board is asking for it. Some seem to love him but the horror stories are WAY too numerous to discount. I do not trust him.

P.S. Ask him about converting automatic RX7s to stick in order to mark them up. Do you think he told the buyers?

A quick Google Search -> http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cach.../1631?source=1+pfs+rx7club.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
busted.

vnt :cool:

G

·
BLKMGK said:

Peter has given me 1500 dollar clutches for no price whatsoever, he swapped a gt 61 to a 66 for 500 and swapped supra tt internals within in 24hours of throwing a rod with the 2jzge internals and replaced the head with minimal charges, no customer service? As far as his tuning blowing the rx7 motors, that is highly relative and questionable, everyone knows those rotaries are like time bombs waiting to blow at any moment under stress with ease. Any unexperienced jack ass can take his newly boosted vehicle and turn the boost too high or add too much timing and ruin his motor, and then turn around and blame a tuner because of his blown motor which is attributed to his own inexperience. I have seen this happen with a rack of kids, and a rotory is even more delicate than the average boosted vehicle. As far as x employees are concerned, when running a business several civil matters can come up especially when one of your employees makes his own business and markets products of a similar nature as you own. I dont know these rx7 customers personally, but I would be critical of anyone, especially with a rotary saying" my motor is blown because of such and such". Knowbody wants to pay for there own mistakes which cost them a motor, which establishes motive to point finger to tuners. I know of 5 daily driven 11 second is300s tuned by peter with no issues that you speak of. 3 of them are in the dc metro area. Peter chose to tune toyotas with 2jz motors, hence the reason for ppl not running in the shop ever month with blown motors unlike the poor quality of mazdas engineering of the rx7. As far as peters character, well he can be somewhat arrogant at times but I dont pay him because I want to be his best friend.

·
Registered
330 Posts
So, anyone have a stock MKIV TEC 3 map they are willing to share? I need one to look at...Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts