Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

I tried searching but can't find the correct answer and apparently the manual isn't very clear stating which perch to use to adjust the height.

Can you someone confirm which perch to use to adjust the height.
The most top, middle or lower? And do you have to loosen the top and middle before adjusting? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You have to spin the bottom Green purch for height adjustment. once the top ring that holds the spring tight is set leave it. Otherwise the coilovers will be very clunky and loud when you gove over bumps and into driveways. I just jack the car up on that corner, unbolt the bottom bolt of the coilover, pull the assembly outward and spin the purch down or up and then reinstall. They do not clunk and are a very nice riding system. :) You will like em.

Red are adjusters
Yellow DO NOT TOUCH once set

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 2JZ-GTE for the info. But it would be kinda pita if I would need to take the bottom bolt everytime I needed to adjust the height.
How would you adjust the height w/o taking the bottom bolt out? Thanks

·
OCC
897 Posts
2JZ-GTE is correct... loosen the lower adjuster for ride height adjustments, but there is no need to unbolt the unit.

Simply jack up the car, remove the wheel, loosen the adjuster, and then grab and spin the entire assembly (everything above the adjuster, yes, it will spin since the top mount is a pillowball), set to the desired spec, then tighten the adjuster.

I hope that makes sense. Hit me up if it does not. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
SupraTuRD said:
2JZ-GTE is correct... loosen the lower adjuster for ride height adjustments, but there is no need to unbolt the unit.

Simply jack up the car, remove the wheel, loosen the adjuster, and then grab and spin the entire assembly (everything above the adjuster, yes, it will spin since the top mount is a pillowball), set to the desired spec, then tighten the adjuster.

I hope that makes sense. Hit me up if it does not. :)

Hmmmm that's makes great sense... never tried it but I guess next time I will

1 - 5 of 5 Posts