Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of getting the Tein HA coilovers.

This is my current set up
17" tt wheels
Kumho MX 275 40 17 in the rear 235 45 17 front
stock sway bars

What are the settings I should use?
Out of the 16 different settings, softer is similar to stock ? or softer or harder?
Is this compatible with the electronics they sell (EDFC Electronic Force Dampening Controller)?
Is it really necesary to weight the corners/adjust? or with a regular height adjustment is ok for the street?

Anything else that you think might help me?

What are the prices people normally pay for used units?
Thanks alot

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
daniloreyes said:
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of getting the Tein HA coilovers.

This is my current set up
17" tt wheels
Kumho MX 275 40 17 in the rear 235 45 17 front
stock sway bars

What are the settings I should use?
Out of the 16 different settings, softer is similar to stock ? or softer or harder?
Is this compatible with the electronics they sell (EDFC Electronic Force Dampening Controller)?
Is it really necesary to weight the corners/adjust? or with a regular height adjustment is ok for the street?

Anything else that you think might help me?

What are the prices people normally pay for used units?
Thanks alot
Thanks a lot!! :rolleyes: :D

E

·
0 Posts
i payed 650 shipped from punkybooster (damn good deal i think). As far as settings i have mine on full firm just because i dont like the soft ride... For some reason i count out 21 clicks not 16 hmm... And as far as hight goes i would say lower them to a point where you can keep camber somewhat normal. Not sure on the edfc but i will be giving it a shot in a few weeks.

hth

Eric

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
funkbomb1987 said:
i payed 650 shipped from punkybooster (damn good deal i think). As far as settings i have mine on full firm just because i dont like the soft ride... For some reason i count out 21 clicks not 16 hmm... And as far as hight goes i would say lower them to a point where you can keep camber somewhat normal. Not sure on the edfc but i will be giving it a shot in a few weeks.

hth

Eric
How low you went? I measured 1" in the rear (according to instructions you should start at 1.5"). I think it is too low, what do you think?

Did you tried the EDFC?

Other than the full turbo, this is the best upgrade to the MKIII:cool:

Thanks

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Try them all. Every car is different. We all have different mods, different weights, different options, different driving styles and needs.

I know EDFC works with Flex and RA, not sure about HA.

Corner weighting is necessary if you are hardcore into road racing or autox. Otherwise you can just use the settings that Tein recommend, tailor the height to your preference (they give a range they suggest).

Don't expect to slap on coilovers and have them 100% ready to go. Don't be afraid to play around with different settings until you find something you like.

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bishop92T said:
Try them all. Every car is different. We all have different mods, different weights, different options, different driving styles and needs.

I know EDFC works with Flex and RA, not sure about HA.

Corner weighting is necessary if you are hardcore into road racing or autox. Otherwise you can just use the settings that Tein recommend, tailor the height to your preference (they give a range they suggest).

Don't expect to slap on coilovers and have them 100% ready to go. Don't be afraid to play around with different settings until you find something you like.
As soon as I installed them they felt really good.
My questions are to people who have done the changes, although I know cars are different, the different set ups are similar, for example, If a really low setting is good for autoX a really high stance would be good for Drag racing. In my case, I wanted to try really low, since in oregon streets are kinda good, but now my tracktion is not good. I just wanted to hear from people with hands on experience , not necesarily a specific set up.

I also would like to know how the weight balance is done. Now my car weights 100 lbs more in the front and 100 more in the driver side. with the HA, I guess I have to raise the car in the sides that weight more (?). Also wanna know in what increments I will have to try (.25" or .5" etc)

Thanks

·
AWESOME AMAZING MEMBER
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bishop92T said:
Tein Flex here, so I'm not just speaking out of my ass thank you very much.
I did not wanted to say that you did not knew, sorry if that was how it came out. Sorry. And mostly you , Bishop92T
, which have always had a nice and knowledgeable answer. sorry again.

But still I have not heard from anyone on their experiences. Everyone says go for it, it is good, etc.

So to start it up:

In my case I installed them 1" from the start (bottom ) on the treads to the lower nut Spring seat lock. (Tein recommends to start at 1.5").

from what I can see, the car looks like doing a little squat:

I'll add 1/4" just to see if it does better. I also plan to go to drag races early in spring, to use the cold weather, and plan to raise it 2" in the rear. (then again I'll publish results [i.e. traction]). Also if I take a sharp turn with a bump, really fast I can hear and feel a bump. probably bottoming out.

Thanks

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Well the first thing I did was setup using the install diagram from Tein's website. That setup caused my front end to be noticeably lower then my rear so I went ahead and raised the front 15mm or so and lowered the rear just a hair. My first concern unfortunately had to be a decent ride height that would let me get over the nasty bumps and potholes in New Orleans which I am forced to frequent. After that I just went tearing around a bunch of corners, mentally noting how the car behaved. Did it oversteer, understeer, neutral. How did it do if the corner was bumpy. Were right hand corners different handling then left hand corners. Like I said earlier, I just played around with it until I got something I liked. There is no 100% right way to setup a coilover immediately. It takes some fiddling. You may even find yourself adjusting it a few times during the race season.

If you use corner scales you can set it up quicker but you may find yourself tweaking it still. Before you get on the scales disconnect your sway bar end links, then drive onto the scales. You'll need to be in the car with your usual race gear. You are basically going for a balanced weight distribution.

Just remember every time you change your height you are changing your camber. I would set it as low as you want for AutoX, get the car aligned (with you in it of course), and then when you go drag racing raise the front since the positive camber won't affect much.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
New TEIN ha owner here.....

i havnt got them in stateside YET...but they are shipped out..

i know this thread is old...thats good....feedback that is what i need

How is the ride, stiff, soft, firm....ghetto??

I like the go kart ride....heheheh:D

so after a year...whats your perception of them?:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have mine lowered to about 1 finger wide gap ALL the way around. I have to be careful about scraping on my DP only on speedbumps. Not a big deal, Im used to driving cars on dumped on switches anyways.
As far as the stiffness, I have mine set to+5 clicks from 0 on the rear and front. Streets in Seattle are shitty.
When I drag I set the rear end to full stiff and the front to +15 (almost full stiff)

BTW mine are kinda old, anyone ever have theirs rebuilt?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
the ride is superb over eibachs. definitely stiffer, but i still notice some lean on hard cornering even with my ST swaybars. For the street i run mine 6 clicks from the softest setting. but what i did notice is my front wheels rub the upper fenderwell much more often than my eibachs. even though the ride height is higher with my Teins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts