Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... well if the Dodge Holset turbo is toooo small for all you guys....
Hows this!

(Wish it was actually on my car but can't find an exhaust housing for it!....)

Compressor minor / major....

2.8940 / 3.600

Turbine minor / major.....

3.4870 / 3.4870

What d'ya think about them [email protected]?!

B

·
0 Posts
Your Compressor: 2.89/3.60
T72 Compressor: 2.84/4.03

Your Turbine: 3.48/3.48
T4 Q-Trim: 2.693/3.111

I couldnt find any turbos with much closer turbines, that thing is HUGE! But the compressor looks to be similar to a T72. I dont think a supra could spool that turbo.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Know any body.... maybe some one wanting to make 1000+rwp that would buy this thing or trade me for a full header, wastegate, and turbo setup????

·
old school poster
464 Posts
your car is definitely not a cosworth indy car. go ahead and run your diesel turbos. have fun with your mismatched setup so you cans save money or something.

btw, fatboy my name means something different than what you think. go ahead and talk crap with your fake honda wheels. hahaha...sorry

·
Registered
454 Posts
mdcmotorsports said:

Compressor minor / major....
2.8940 / 3.600

Turbine minor / major.....
3.4870 / 3.4870

What d'ya think about them [email protected]?!

I think that would be great if you had and 2.8L 10K rpm indy motor, but you don't. If you work at an Indy shop can't you ask someone for some compressor maps? Do you know the turbine a/r? If this is off an Indy motor it's probably not set up for quick spooling at the rpms you'll be driving at. I wouldn't bolt on anything unless I knew what it was. Garret has all there maps and a/r's listed on line, you can get it right the first time, parts are readily available and alot of people know what works.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys... I THOUGHT about bolting this on, but then I knew that I would have to run the 7m at about 10krpm ALL THE TIME and hmmm le me think.... THAT JUST WONT HAPPEN!
I was just wondering what this big monster is comparable to.

AS FOR YOU TITESUPRA.... you prolly love Gray Davis don't you? JK! Honest I am just playin. No need for sh!t throwin here. But, about the diesel turbos.... The only reason why I did what I did is because diesel turbos are normally huge, there are TONS of them in junk yards across the UNITED STATES and they are found for CHEAP!!!! Just my $.02

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
That thing would be HOTT on a 1JZ that was built for racing. definatly not even remotely streetable. But that thing would sing at about 12000 rpm in a 2.5 litre. If I remember correctly, the Indy cars were v6 arround 95. Does anyone know what displacement they had? 2.8 litres (as Clifton sugested) seems a little big to me for an Indy car, then again, I never read the rulebook.

BTW, if you want to know the A/R, just measure it. It's just the area or the exducer inlet over the radius of the scroll.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts