Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know... I am (or so I claim) the FIRST to run a Dodge Holset truck turbo on a MK3 supra.
Recently, just doing some preventative (sp?) maintenance... I decided to measure the major and minor of the compressor and the turbine....

Comp:
2.1552 & 3.150

Turb:
2.2793 & 2.495

What do you guys think this is equivalent to?

:p

As for performance, it boosts right out of the box at 2500 rpm and currently I am having problems with running more than 1/4 to 1/2 throttle because of WAY OVER BOOSTING problems and fuel cut.
As for dyno runs.... any body know of an EXPERIENCED DYNO SHOP near Indy?

·
Registered
148 Posts
The compressor is a 54mm 47trim, and the exhaust is an 83 trim. The compressor side is about the same as a T28, but the exhaust in not even close to the Garrett style turbos. That is because it is off of a diesel.

I would say it will be about the same as a T28.

G

·
i dont know about the size of the turbo, but how much boost are you running?checked for vacum leaks?what exhaust mani are you running?

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
a T28 is a small turbo... its what came on the SR20DET's in the S14 and are upgrades for the 2G DSM from their stock T25's which are weak... they make ~ 320 HP on a 2.0L engine.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
yea... i know peole who run 20 psi on stock DSM turbos... namely me... but that doesnt mean they are efficient. some people run 24 psi and race gas on the little 14B turbos... but they are puttin out wicked hott air...

·
Canada, Eh?
2,398 Posts
flub, im diggin your sig. add a sr20-powered 240, and you have my favorite cheap+fast cars :)

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
There is a dyno down in bloomington. Runs a dynojet. They held an import dyno day back in april or so. That was my frist 500hp dyno run. :)

If you hit that up.. lemme know and I'll make it down to check things out. They are a cool bunch of people.

G

·
oh shit alan, you're from terre haute?
my buddy with a vr4 goes to rose hullman and he told me the streets are run down there by a crazy power mk3 supra. must be you.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alan... we need to hook up.... you got some bad ass mk3 power going on but a stock BOV? Come on home boy! Any who, indiana sup's represent, and you need to show me how to get to the dyno in bloomington...
BTW.... found this on John Lunsfords site... thanks John.
http://www.jblmk3.com/id134.htm
Not so sure my turb is equivalent to a T28 now, maybe a small TO4......

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Enraged said:
flub, im diggin your sig. add a sr20-powered 240, and you have my favorite cheap+fast cars :)
i was actually gonna get a 1991 240sx Coupe and swap it, and put the S13 front end on it... except there is already a Silvia conversion around town here and SR20 swaps here are as common as mustangs... so i ditched the 240 idea.. so, soon, ill be adding a 1990 GTUs to the "stable" though... the Rarest RX7 made: 1 of 100

I have good taste ;)

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
bdekoning said:
oh shit alan, you're from terre haute?
my buddy with a vr4 goes to rose hullman and he told me the streets are run down there by a crazy power mk3 supra. must be you.
Well... i dunno. I'm problee about the only modded mk3 in this area.

Its kinda.. ehh i dunno.. worrysome to have all these people know you. Yet you don't know a third of them. I've had people come up to me when i'm walking and ask me about the car. One kid even asked me where I lived at in town

FYI.. the crazy power will get crazier next spring. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts