Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a BL61 kit on my 94 tt. I turned on the car to check for coolant leaks and found a few. The wierd thing was though, my temperature gauge remained baried down the entire time (with the car running for a few minutes) and some coolant/water started to boil over. I then turned off the car and realized that the lower radiator hose was cold. i am trying to figure out why the temp gauge wouldnt go up and why apparently the thermostat didnt open. As i said i just finished a BL61/ greddy 3 row install so did i forget to do something? Is the system not being pressurized due to the leak responsible for the problems? The thermo was fine before so i wouldnt know why it would go bad suddenly. Thanks in advance for your help.

Daniel

·
Registered
82 Posts
i am assuming you the thermostat proper way and is the right one also once you finished the installing thermostat leave the radiator cap open until all the air bleed out or car reaches operating temperature

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, i went out and double checked the electronics and found that the single wire coming out of the frontmost connector on the waterneck was sitting unconnected (i guess it got pulled out?!). I would hope that this would fix my temp gauge. But i still have the thermo mystery (unless this is somehow related). Thanks for the help (even though it is still not all solved yet)and any additional info is certainly welcome.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Was it boiling over, or just running over? There is a diff. Also, if your thermo didnt open then you would not have hot water in your radiator as it would still be in the block. Sounds to me like it just started to run over. Have you tried again since hooking up the temp gage?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It appeared that the water in the block was coming back out through the upper piping and was causing the radiator to bubble over. Yet, there was also quite a bit of steam coming out from the rad cap and from the leaky coolant ports. i havent had a chance yet to hook up the temp wire, but hopefully tomorrow i should get to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts