Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Mine worked with the 1J and was working at 1st with the 2J, but no longer works and I have even changed clusters. Maybe this weekend, I'll direct-wire it from the sender to the guage itself and look into it a little more.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Look for the yellow/green wire in your M1 connector (the small one under the dash).

If yours is anything like mine, it was hooked up to the wrong wire during the swap. If you have a good connection there, look for the temp sensor at the bottom of the water neck in the engine bay.

The clip may have come loose. Push it back on , then re-check. Worst case, just get a new sender.

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SlimFastSupra said:
you shouldnt, unless your wiring is bad

the water temp sensor for the stock gauge is basically the same between 7m/1j
its probably a wire i forgot to connect, ill go over it tomorow, haven't really looked at it yet, been kinda lazy..........

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Is the temp guage in the rad outlet pipe or in the 1J rad of the 1J ?. Also where have you guys put your aftermarket guage senders?, I have an autometer that I have to plumb in somewhere. I was thinking of maybe drilling and tapping another hole in the outlet pipe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.