Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do i have to do to get my water tempeture gauge to work? ive been looking around and i haven't found anything yet

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Mine worked with the 1J and was working at 1st with the 2J, but no longer works and I have even changed clusters. Maybe this weekend, I'll direct-wire it from the sender to the guage itself and look into it a little more.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Mine shoots right up after about 2min of idle.. Its not overheating or anything.. The guage just doesnt work..

Anybody know how to fix this??

Josh

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Look for the yellow/green wire in your M1 connector (the small one under the dash).

If yours is anything like mine, it was hooked up to the wrong wire during the swap. If you have a good connection there, look for the temp sensor at the bottom of the water neck in the engine bay.

The clip may have come loose. Push it back on , then re-check. Worst case, just get a new sender.

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe cause my car was an n/a...... :dunno:

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone have any issues with the water temp guage not working on an 86.5 n/a swaped to a 1jz?

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
you shouldnt, unless your wiring is bad

the water temp sensor for the stock gauge is basically the same between 7m/1j

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SlimFastSupra said:
you shouldnt, unless your wiring is bad

the water temp sensor for the stock gauge is basically the same between 7m/1j
its probably a wire i forgot to connect, ill go over it tomorow, haven't really looked at it yet, been kinda lazy..........

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Is the temp guage in the rad outlet pipe or in the 1J rad of the 1J ?. Also where have you guys put your aftermarket guage senders?, I have an autometer that I have to plumb in somewhere. I was thinking of maybe drilling and tapping another hole in the outlet pipe.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
if your not going to use the stock gauge i'd just pull the stock one and thread it in there.i believe its the spade teminal on the water outlet(top hose)
keith

·
Registered
929 Posts
i have an 87 and everything is working properly with the temp gauge. although i've always wondered if there was a difference with us and jap gaugues since i thought they use celsius instead of fahrenheit overe there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts