Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my temp gauge is not working...its staying on cold...what im thinking is this use 2 work...but now it isnt measuring the temp of my engine...all wires are practically connected to the ther. housing...other than the one on the bottom but it still worked without that...but now if isnt working..any input?...can i just install an after marking temp gauge?...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coolant level is fine...it gets burnt a lil but most likley i need a new rad....but by blow heat do u mean by heater?...if so..nah heater isnt working...im thinking thermestat might be failed closed...but it should open at least threw hotter temps

·
Registered
83 Posts
so my temp gauge is not working...its staying on cold...what im thinking is this use 2 work...but now it isnt measuring the temp of my engine...all wires are practically connected to the ther. housing...other than the one on the bottom but it still worked without that...but now if isnt working..any input?...can i just install an after marking temp gauge?...
Practically connected? What?
When I had the bottom one ghetto rigged on (stripped the connector, put the wire in the little hole) it fell out and was holding on by one little wire, and my temp gauge was going all crazy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the one on the bottom...i connected the wires 2 the connector..i got it form junk car...but that wire really never effeceted the way the temp sensor was working before..oh well..im gonna install an aftermarket one prolly just to see how things are

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
if your thermostat was closed shut permanently your motor would overheat....check all your wires and check the ones in back of the bezel make sure nothings loose

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
The only one that goes to the temp guage is the yellow/green wire. It has a white plastic case the can sometimes turn to crap. Cut it off and replace it with a regular female spade connector. That should fix it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only one that goes to the temp guage is the yellow/green wire. It has a white plastic case the can sometimes turn to crap. Cut it off and replace it with a regular female spade connector. That should fix it.
Yeah, that's what I did. Works like a champ. :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
well here its were you can start very simple. remove on of the wires that connect to the temp sender and just hit it with a ground. you have to have someone in the car while you do this and if you hit the ground and the temp moves then its just your your temp sender which is only a $20 fix :) happened to mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts