Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but I couldn't find anything. The closest I came was a post saying that it must be removed when removing the TEMS system... Which wasn't helpful when trying to come up with a way to make it work better. Anyways, if anybody can tell me where to look, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Collin

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
keep the tems computer in and you will be fine... put a sticker over the lights in the gauge cluster... no need to take out electronics

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
BrokenSupra said:
keep the tems computer in and you will be fine... put a sticker over the lights in the gauge cluster... no need to take out electronics

You suck. Shut up. :p

Take out the electronics, change the cluster. Be the master of your car! [email protected]@!

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Twigger said:
What plans do you have?
Many people just do the firm override using the jumper wire in the diagnostics box. One of my ideas is rather than to just do an override, I will rewire in at the computer itself so that when the switch is turned 'on' rather than going into 'sport' mode, it will go firm (3 lights lit). This will be done by sending the current from the switch to the override wire instead of engaging 'sport' mode, and the wire usually energized by the switch will be hardwired to a power source.

The result:

With the switch set to 'normal', the TEMS computer will be in the 'sport' mode. When the switch is then set to 'sport' the TEMS will go full firm.

I know that most of you guys prefer to toss the factory TEMS dampers, but I have ST springs on my stock TEMS units, and I love it. When I did the TEMS override, the handling was immensely better than my friend's Supra which had also the TEMS override done but on fully stock suspension. However, the ride of my car was considerably more rough. Every bump caused the whole car to shudder, and it is a very tight car compared to many other MKIII's I have seen. This is why I want to be able to easily switch between 'sport' mode and fully firm, and I want to do it using the stock selector.

I will be track testing this setup with ST swaybars and a cage before I even consider aftermarket units. If I do go aftermarket, bring on the TEIN coilovers. :)

EDIT: The Check wire is actually activated when grounded, so a relay must be used if using the stock TEMS selector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts