Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now really confused,

I own a 1989 supra, turbo. I have the lsd and abs system stock from the factory. But i just became aware that all turbo models come with TEMS. The car was bought in Chilliwack B.C. Canada, The car has spent it entire life in b.c. and i am now the third owner of it. Is there anyway to tell if the car was supposed to have it? I enclosed some pictures so people can see it. Or did canadian models not have it?

3,796 Posts
i always thought you could get em w/out tems...but what do i know :D

P

·
0 Posts
if you had TEMS, it's gone now. It was a small motor that sat on top of the shocks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh really, yeah it appears that there is no tems on my car at all. And thats the way i got it. Mabey i will contact the dealer and get the information on the car when it was sold, if it had it.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Either it didn't come with it, or someone did a very thorough job of removing the actuators, the wiring harness, the buttons and the TEMS computer. I always thought they were standard on the turbo's, and came as part of the sports package on the NA's. Either of those choices would have included abs and a lsd, so I dunno :scratch:

·
Registered
945 Posts
After 88, TEMS became optional equipment in Canada, and many don't have it. Even those with the "sport package" did not get it by default.

No harm though, most upgrade to a non tems shock anyhow as the Tokico's have the life expectancy of a fruit fly. Just means you don't have to source the coin box, remove the dash lights, the computer and the actuators.

Bob

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
TEMS wasn't available on Canadian models in later years... BUT I can't remember what year that was that it stopped. Might have been 89 but I thought it was 90 and up.

Edit: heh... sat with this thread open on my screen too long... when I finally replied Bob beat me to it... not once but twice! ;)

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
I'm pretty sure on 89-90 TEMS was an option on the Turbo models in Canada, and 91+ it wasn't available, in favour of heated seats. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts