Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 89 NA did not come with TEMS, is this something i can add. If so what is involved and how much $$ is needed?

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
no real reason to add tems it was just a funky lil gadget toyota put in most of the time it gets in the way......save up for coil overs or lowering springs and a good set of shocks.

but if you were going too youd need all 4 motors the controler the harness the computer and alot of time to take out all of your interior to run this stuff.

prolly about a 4-5 days of work and 200 maybe 300 bucks?

Oh and youd need tems compatble shocks with the 4 stampped peices of metal that go on the shocks that the motor turns that turn the shocks to stiff and soft.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
does tems really do anything?

·
Knockin the rod in slopra
811 Posts
it lights up pretty going around corners and when braking

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Joker Fuel said:
it lights up pretty going around corners and when braking
and when your going WOT... or so on my buddy's 88T

·
Knockin the rod in slopra
811 Posts
yeah that too. i havent really noticed that much difference in stage 3 mode. between 1 and 2 is hella noticable difference tho. i get car sick being in normal mode.. i only use it on long freeway drives when the road condition is bad...

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
turbonator82 said:
Screw TEMS! You dont want that crap! Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension was the second biggest mistake for the Supra. The first was the Head Gasket of course. :blast:
i like this guy. :rofl:

·
Banned
5,941 Posts

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
Haha, there was a thread about how cool the paint job was on your car a while back. I had no idea you were actually a member here!

BTW, I love the black and pink.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
:rofl:
driftedmk3 said:
i like this guy. :rofl:
:rofl:

tems wasnt really a mistake, just something really not needed. it worked fine... but didnt do much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I stand by my previous statement it was a mistake to add TEMS! Back in the 80's people were all "o wow! lookie a button" little did they know that TEMS are worthless. Clint and I were talking about this the other day actually..and he said when they had actually made TEMS they were great but then at the last minute got all rushed and had to skimp on a few of the components that made it work right..I mean common the buttons didn't even hold up!So :stickpoke That is why I say TEMS SUCK ASS.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
No experience with a working TEMS system here, but the idea was good at least.

If you want the neat little button to work properly, you need the computer, the motors, the buttons, and the instrument cluster + Compatible shocks either Toyota's or Tokico Illumina IIs. Isn't all of the wiring already there?

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
turbonator82 said:
:hey: yes it's true, I have a vagina not a penis.
whoops. :sadance:

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
do non tems cars have the WOT and hard braking sensors? ive noticed in my white car when you go WOT and hard braking it goes all the way stiff in my white car all the tems still work but the motors are gone because they put GR2's in it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts