Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get this/have this? This is the SECOND time in three months I've gotten it so bad I can barely use my right hand. I have backed off of the amount of time I spend on the computer, have been a little more conscious of how I'm bending my hand, and have tried to maintain sleeping in a not-fucked-up position (seriously, i sleep like a cirque du soleil freak sometimes, wake up all fucked up).

Are there any good OTC things I can take to ease this shit up? I can't bend my damn wrist at this point.

inbeforejackingoffjokes

·
Cupcake boss :p
88 Posts
I have RA very severe in my hands/feet/knees and OTC stuff does nothing for the pain. I know my mom has been dealing with what you have in her elbow and she swears by aleve and at night she takes melatonin ( 3 mg slow release) so that she sleeps more relaxed. She said after 25 years of dealing with it this is the method that finally helped her without having to be on pain killers. I hope this helps, I'll ask her for more info if she has any.

feel better <3

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Both my ankles. I may have grown out of it. My ankles would be taped up all the time, then, they would swell and pain would shoot like crazy, and Id have to rip the tape off.

·
Administrator
8,398 Posts
Anyone else get this/have this? This is the SECOND time in three months I've gotten it so bad I can barely use my right hand. I have backed off of the amount of time I spend on the computer, have been a little more conscious of how I'm bending my hand, and have tried to maintain sleeping in a not-fucked-up position (seriously, i sleep like a cirque du soleil freak sometimes, wake up all fucked up).

Are there any good OTC things I can take to ease this shit up? I can't bend my damn wrist at this point.

inbeforejackingoffjokes
You'll want to use an anti inflammatory to take the edge off the pain. Essentially whatever your doing is swelling the tendon enough to cause the pain. This is one of the things that only time really heals. I got it in my shoulder once, 1 week of an anti inflammatory, 3 weeks of PT then 3-4 month of not using it for anything excessive and exercising it often with light weight.

Matt

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
You got it again? You are definitely over using your wrist doing something, god knows what, lol.

Did the combination of meds i prescribed you help last time?

You are tiny thing and are seriously over using your wrists.

The strongest anti-inflammatory available over the counter is Aleve (naproxen) you can take 2 pills twice a day and it should help quite a bit. If it does not get better let me know.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Aleve? I shall buy some on the way home. Really Alpha, I don't know if I'm doing anything strenuous but I type hella fast (100+wpm) and I keep my hands at a weird angle when I do it. I have bought a different keyboard and have tried to hold my hands differently but between driving, using our work computer/mouse, and generally being right handed :rant: it seems like as soon as it clears up I get a week of peace and then it comes back.

The meds you rx'd me absolutely DID help, I just had to remember to eat :lol: I was so nauseous, but it was worth it when I could bend my arm without my wrist/elbow feeling like someone was kicking them.

Thanks for the info/advice peeps. I'm just glad (?) I'm not the only one who has this.

edit: oh yeah the uncoated shit tasted ASS, i would whine for 20 minutes before i even took it. my roomies bout had to shove that shit down my throat.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
what you might also want to do is buy some hard wrist splints that force you to hold your wrist in a straight position. We use this quite a bit for patients with carpal tunnel syndrome and it works pretty good. Many times patients also really mess up their wrists by sleeping in all weird positions and putting their hands under their pillow in very sharp angles. Try to wear them as much as possible and take 2 aleves twice a day and see how it goes. If it does not get better you might need another round of steroids.

·
In for teh nudez.
286 Posts

inbeforejackingoffjokes
This may affect your career decision in getting into law enforcement.

Stop jerking off.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rotator cuff and eblow tendonitis here.
My tech has the same thing! He got it from playing baseball. I guess it's a common injury, kind of like ACL shit is for knee stuff in athletes.

Abel - it wouldn't be so bad if I knew how to strengthen the tendons. I have seen stuff on ThinkGeek.Com that is supposed to help, but honestly, I don't know if it works. I can tell you if I absolutely never touched a computer it wouldn't be the end of it - now that I know what it is, I can safely say I've been getting it every so often since I was about 12.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
where in your wrist? If it is behind your thumb, it is probably De Quervain's tenosynovitis. There is a test called the finkelstein maneuver that we often do to diagnose...

heat/ice, immobilize, nsaids. sometimes we do steroid injections....sometimes we do surgical decompressions.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, doesn't hurt when I do that.

If I hold my arm straight up, then try to "limp wrist"... FFFFUUU feels like my fucking hand is going to fall off.

·
Slightbreach of Etiquette
429 Posts
where in your wrist? If it is behind your thumb, it is probably De Quervain's tenosynovitis. There is a test called the finkelstein maneuver that we often do to diagnose...

heat/ice, immobilize, nsaids. sometimes we do steroid injections....sometimes we do surgical decompressions.
Just in case someone reading isn't familiar with the term, nsaid=Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug, like Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Aleve (as Saman Recommended), etc.

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took ibuprofen first (c0dy knows), it didn't do DICK. :rant: I even upped the dose but I'm not a frequent user so I don't know what is 'too much' like I do with Tylenol.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
what happens when you do this?

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh my god. I can't do that at all with my right hand. I just about kicked a hole in the desk because I was like, "Yeah, i can totally do that"

*presses hands together quickly, like normal*

*INTENSE PAIN*

FFFFUUUUU *reflexive kick into objects*

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
try krill oil

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol, I just got home and forgot to pick up Aleve. :( Today are not good day. I even blew past my exit on the way to work this morning.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
i have tendonitis in my elbow but it only flares up a few times a month at most. when its at its worst, just the weight of my arm is excruciating. i wrap my elbow tightly with an ace bandage and take Aleve, it doesnt do much but it takes the edge off, i dont think the ace bandage will help you out tho. mine jus goes away in a day or so but i feel your pain. you should go to an orthopedic. good luck, i hope it gets better for you.

Josh

1 - 20 of 58 Posts