Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
God damn that thing moves out. 122mph in the 1/8th is a rocket ship. On street tires nonetheless.

·
...pop the hood!
1,172 Posts
how accurate is that?

·
I'm your huckleberry...
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brand new Tesla Model S Plaid caught on fire in strange circumstances

Gladwyne Firefighters responding to the 100 block of Rose Lane last night just before 9pm to assist Station 25 (Merion Fire Company of Ardmore) with a vehicle fire. While enroute to the call Chief 25 was advised that the reports were that a Tesla was on fire and it was well involved in fire. Engine 24 with a crew of 7 arrived on scene simultaneously with Engine 25. Due to prior training classes on Tesla Vehicle Fire emergencies, Engine 24 laid a 5 inch supply line into the scene so that we could keep a continual water stream on the fire to extinguish the fire and cool the batteries down to ensure complete extinguishment. Engine 24 and Engine 25 both deployed hand lines to extinguish the fire, each maintained a dedicated water source and continued to cool the vehicle down for almost 90 minutes

“I am an EMT and last night around 9:30 we got called to do rehab for firefighters extinguishing a car fire in Lower Merion, PA. I only have the information I got from firefighters on scene but apparently the call came in from one of the residents of the neighborhood who saw it rolling down the road on fire before exploding in front of their house.”
The EMT even claimed that the authorities were still looking for the owner of the Tesla Model S.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Honestly it's the bargain of the century, 125k to have the fastest production car and for 10k extra it can drive your ass around while you play video games?

I'm not sure what to make of that fire, it could be legit and all but a savy investor make could a bundle burning down their car and buying put options think the stock would tank.....

·
I'm your huckleberry...
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly it's the bargain of the century, 125k to have the fastest production car and for 10k extra it can drive your ass around while you play video games?

I'm not sure what to make of that fire, it could be legit and all but a savy investor make could a bundle burning down their car and buying put options think the stock would tank.....
Chauffeurs are going to be pissed.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,687 Posts
So, Tesla got butt hurt that Porsche stepped into the foray, and as a response did this? Even if I did not not dislike Elon, I still would take the Porsche Taycan with nary a hesitation. Is Elon Scottish? I don't understnad the nomenclature here.

All I can think of when I hear this car is Willie, and that he's pissed aboooot the Taycan.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, Tesla got butt hurt that Porsche stepped into the foray, and as a response did this? Even if I did not not dislike Elon, I still would take the Porsche Taycan with nary a hesitation. Is Elon Scottish? I don't understnad the nomenclature here.

All I can think of when I hear this car is Willie, and that he's pissed aboooot the Taycan.
This is the problem with the Model S:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts