Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to test the individual inputs/outputs on a computer?
All 3 of the o2 sensor cables melted together and i got a little smoke out of my computer. Turned it all off within 3-5 seconds but i need to know if its broken before i spend $150 on another one.

Car runs badly and throws o2 sensor code with a new sensor. Thanks

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Hopefully nothing got fried inside of it, or else your screwed and will need a new one.

Do you know why they melted together? Did you get a new O2 sensor and wire it wrong?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, thats why i need some way to test it . . . the main problem is that the 2 black wires run voltage to heat the sensor . . . it heated the computer instead :(

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
Hmm... I dunno, got pics? you might have shorted something

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i opened it up and everything looks fine. i'll try taking some pics

does anyone have a picture of a wiring harness? i might end up using an old harness and comp

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know where i can find a diagram of what each wire does on the computer? it would be easier to bridge all the wires to the older computer than to install the old harness . . . the old harness is cut in a few places

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i looked through there and i couldnt find it. i know i've seen it before though

anyone remember where?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YES! thank you! its too bad i just started switching the wiring harness and the comp :( but this will help with my other electrical problems.

thanks again

there should be no problem running a pre 89 turbo 5-speed computer on an 89' right? from what i've heard it should be the same? (yellow connectors)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yes, if the original ECU plugs were yellow then the pre89 ECU should plug right in.

'89 was the year of the change... most have gray plugs but some still had the previous ECU model with yellow plugs. From what I've read those few '89s that are like that are usually a mix of the two, so double check any wiring changes you make.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had an 89 ECU an harness with grey plugs. swaped out for pre 89 with yellow plugs. havent tested things yet. i dont want to wake the neighbors :)

should work right?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
As long as all the connections are present and there weren't any changes in the sensors. I really don't know though, never looked into the differences.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts