Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
havent posted in a while. I just had the privilage of test driving a black/black 06 Z06 today. Let me say that thing is badass. From a dig it pulls hard. The 2 exhausts open up after 3500rpms and it sounds amazing. It pulls hard from 4000-7000rpm. BPU supras will have no chance against this guys and small turbos (60mm) will have trouble. Its a low 11sec car outta the box.
Well we shall see tomorrow if my father pulls the trigger on it. But it would gimme some competition over his C5 :)

Greg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Damn, you're officially my new idol.

I am dying to hear the exhaust note of that bad boy.

If your dad gets it, wanna trade for my '88 Hyundai Excel and $300?

PM me ASAP with your acceptance of this offer.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Great writeup.

As an aside, I think the maturity of the LSx market is so intense that those power mongers who steadily built up their C5s well before C6 Z06s came out will have no worries against the C6 Z06 in the ***straight-line*** even with pump gas limitations. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1418164

I think that makes the situation with Vettes today unique compared to the past, at least from the standpoint of POPULATION of faster but hopped up older gen. totally street Vettes vs. a newer gen. Vette.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,923 Posts
Sweet! Maybe I'll run into one someday :)

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
The roof skin did not magicly rip off at something like 30mph, did it?

j/k, thanks for the write up. I would love to drive one.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
RSXTypeS79 said:
The roof skin did not magicly rip off at something like 30mph, did it?

:rofl:

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just bought it! It gets picked up tomorrow morning! I'll post some pics of the supra and Z06 when i snap some tomorrow.
greg

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts