Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hmm i was car shopping today and the lady loved the new eclipse. so we took it out for a test drive. first of all at looking at it i couldnt stand it. looked like a dog taking a shit. however i was like whatever. i started it up and was surprised by a nice rumble. the interior was very nice i thought. the seats were extremely comfortable. i liked the dash layout and the over all feel of the car. now i start driving it and was surprised by the torque the car had. i could chirp them in first second and third. this was the v6 model. my girl absolutely loves this car. for 25k i'll pass thank you but if it were say 15 i might consider it as a daily driver.
so overall i had fun test driving this car. was very suprised at the power that it had. but ill pass thank you

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
For 15K you'd buy it? haha have you seen what 15K will get you? Um, nothing close to what the v6 GT Eclipse offers in terms of a brand new car except for an econobox srt4 for 20K. I havn't driven a new eclipse yet but I've sat in several different ones in the showroom and all of them have had some of the most gorgeous interior that I"ve ever seen on a car costing less than 40K. I think the car is a good deal.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Yeah the styling is not for everyone, from some angles I like it, some I don't. But you can get them very nicely equipped, they offer that oem 18" spoked wheel in a satin gunmetal finish now too. I saw one with that rim, with the aero kit in black ext and black/ivory alcantara interior and it was very sharp. The other one I saw was with the 18"s in regular silver, aero kit and a ivory/rust orange alcantara interior, both GT's.

·
Registered
139 Posts
FWD. :wtcslap:

Until the Eclipse returns to its roots and is offered in an AWD, it will continue to be seen as a has-been in the import scene. Think about it - if they put the Evo's turbo powertrain in an Eclipse coupe (like their RalliArt Eclipse is - uh, hello Mitsubishi??) and offered a targa, that shit would become the new hotness for a lot of potential buyers.

8,181 Posts
same here bro, i'mshopping for a new car too. sold the IS bought the SC and sold it. i went to see the new audi A3. nice car over all. base model starts with 26K. they market it as starting from 21K.so i thought not a bad deal for the price but when u go there its some stupid options u have to have and the car gets to 26K. anyway most of the cars are soo ugly these days. i think i'll end upwith a GS300 in the end if i dont see anything good.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
^^:lol:^^

·
Banned
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
attie4 said:
same here bro, i'mshopping for a new car too. sold the IS bought the SC and sold it. i went to see the new audi A3. nice car over all. base model starts with 26K. they market it as starting from 21K.so i thought not a bad deal for the price but when u go there its some stupid options u have to have and the car gets to 26K. anyway most of the cars are soo ugly these days. i think i'll end upwith a GS300 in the end if i dont see anything good.
thats the car i will be getting unless i find anything more suitable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They are way overpriced IMO. My manager bought his base model 350z for $25k new, and that's 10x the car of the new eclipse. The Eclipse weighs 300+lbs more and has 40hp less, plus it's wrong wheel drive.

·
GM Interior Designer
658 Posts
Porschephile said:
My manager bought his base model 350z for $25k new,
That's like, 500 back of invoice for the most basic of Z's. Don't you think that savvy a buyer could find a similar deal on an Eclipse? To a lot of buyers and the majority of the Eclipse's intended market, FWD is not a negative factor. Maybe even a positive if they live in wintery climates. Plus it has a back seat. A similar deal on a base GT would be about $22,900.

·
greedy capitalist
722 Posts
I think the Spyder looks great. The local dealer has listed at 28k with the "internet discount." :lol:

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
I dont think you can compare the eclipse and the Z. The Z is such a cheap ass piece of crap I feel like imma break everything just sitting in the car. I still dont see how they packed that much damn weight into the freakin eclipse though, its kinda rediculous.

Alex

1 - 20 of 20 Posts