Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went into the Dodge dealership yesterday and inquired about the Viper trucks. I asked if I could test drive one and he got the keys. Overall the truck was decent. It was pretty quick for a large truck, and it felt very large while driving it. Not as quick as I thought it would have been. My father-in-laws Lightning actually feels quicker and to me is a better sports truck overall.

I liked the interior and it was very comfortable. Large interior cabin and nice sound system. The clutch felt great and was very manageable. The power delivery was smooth and not head snapping like I had imagined, but enough to be fun. However, the viper truck didn't feel as tight as I would have liked. It drove like a large lumbering regular cab truck but with 500hp and didn't feel like it had a suspension geared towards spirited driving. Although when I got into some turns and curves it did handle well - it just didn't make you think it would until you got into the turn. It made you feel like you had to slow down quite a bit, when in reality you didn't. I think it was the combination of it being so large and floaty that made me nervous. I'd take the Lightning anyday. And I remember first test driving the Lightning and it was so tight and just asked you to toss it around the curves. Maybe the auto quad cab would be the way to go and definately in any kind of traffic.

Well there's my review. I was seriously considering one of the Quad Cabs until yesterday. Maybe I'll try the SRT Cherokee next - either way I'd like to get a truck or an SUV.

·
King of the Jungle
1,265 Posts
SRT-8 Grand Cherokee is freaking awesome. Get ready to be impressed. It is no slouchy truck at all. I will buy a 2006 when the 2007 model comes out. Then I will buy a GSM supercharger. And get 10mpg but I will not care, I will have a 625hp SUV that accelerates and brakes faster than most cars.

And I agree. I like the Lightnings much more than the SRT-10 Viper truck. Lighter, nimbler (relatively here, getting the back end out on a Lightning still scares the shit out of me). And with a couple mods, the Lightning is faster than the SRT-10. Wanna go faster in an SRT-10? Not cheap. Would I still drive one? Hell yeah, I love trucks. But I will get a diesel instead, Cummins of course :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts