Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i know there has been some debates on this setup. as of today i'm running this combo. i just got the DDP not too long ago and i really didn't want to sell it; so i just decided to install it.

there is about an 1.8 inch of a gap for where the divided goes in the middle. other than that; it bolts right up. i took the car for a drive today and to be 100% honest i can't hear the difference or feel it. it sounds just like my ct-26 did, when the watsegate opens all hell breaks loose :) when i'm crusing normal the car sounds the same as it did before.

performamce is awesome. the SP61GT turbo is freakin great. my car pulls harder at 15psi than it did at 18psi with my upgraded ct-26. i'm very very happy with this setup.

i'm going to hit the dyno with open downpipe and hope to hit 500rwhp. i don't think anyone has pushed this turbo to the max yet. i got a built motor so it's all good.

i think race gas and 30psi should do the trick :) :)

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
awesome, yea i heard BIC was designing a DDP for the SP.... i'm glad it worked out for you bro. Keep it up.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Good to see you like it. I knew that it would bolt on but the gap is bigger around the divider plate. Is there much of a exhaust leak sound when driving or idling?. I should have the first SP61 specific ddp ready in about a week.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
I can't wait for my DDP, you get my payment bic?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Glad your enjoying the SP61GT, its a sweet turbo. Wait until you put some race gas in it and turn it up to 22-23 psi, your rear wheels will protest all the way up to 85mph, and put a big smile on your face. Good luck on the dyno, and hopefully your headgasket doesn't seperate from the block like mine did under high boost. I will also be setting up a dyno appointment with my car too very soon so I can make sure my air/fule ratios are ok under high boost, and also to see what the thing will put out at 23-25psi.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bah i get my DDP right before he makes one for the SP61... meh oh well ill figure it out, i get the turbo next week ^^

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
Its about 1/8", the regular ddp cant really be modified to fit the sp turbo. When you put the ddp on the turbo, how can you see how big the gap is and fit another plate inside???

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
1JZ dp comming soon!!!

3,796 Posts
^^Looks like a bitch to bolt up.

How does the SP's spool compare to the upgraded CT?

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
It will be a 3" dp that bolts to the stock 1jz elbow.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
:werd: That Soarer ddp is no joke. Looks very complicated and I'm sure it would be very expensive due to the difficulty and intricate work involved. Good to know. 1j drivers be on the lookout for the BIC dp soon... :bigthumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts