Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

I am thinking of taking the TX Defensive driving course online for the insurance discount through my car insurer.

That being said, I hate to sit there through the pain the whole time.

Are there any online sites that you all recommend? (Especially any sites that allow fast-forwarding of the PC/online clock, or at the very least which do not ask questions to be sure you are sitting infront of the screen?)

Thank you all. Feel free to PM if you need :)

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They don't check to see you are there during the modules?

Do they time each section to make sure you spend the required several hours?

Any chance you can FFWD the clock?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one has taken defensive driving AKA the online ticket class?

·
ㅎ_ㅎ
429 Posts
I think most of them you can take a few months before you have to finish with a total of like 12 hours I think. From what I have heard you have to enter some info here and there. If i was you I would just do that one above and do like 30 min to an hour a day.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I took this class like 2 years ago. They don't check if you're online, but sometimes the session times out if the mouse or keyboard doesn't move for like 3 minutes or so. Sometimes they will ask the question like "What color was the car in the video?" etc etc. But you get the point.

What I usually do is when I take this class is open up a word document, for every slide there is, copy everything and paste it on the document by chapter. That way when you reach the end of the chapter when the questions come, you can go to your word document and search key words on the questions being asked. 9 times out of 10 this works wonders for me. The videos you have to watch; no way around that.

PM me if you want the documents and I'll email them to you. Keep in mind is about 2 years old so they change up the questions and contents; but probably not by much.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just took a class today at www.drivinguniversity.com it was simple and the only real parts you needed to read where the 3 stories the rest was mostly common sense. I finished the course in about 3 hrs with plenty of 10 min breaks or so.. Was 29 bucks for me in ms.

·
OG
1,059 Posts
WHen I took it, the issue was that I read too fast, so I would get done before the minimum time had passed. I would then wait out the clock, but ADD would take over and then I would start doing other stuff - like reading SF... There are little quizzes at the end of each section.

It took me a few hours.

Have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts