Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 1 EVIL IS
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, i'm in a hurry so I need info and help ASAP.

I got a ticket in Denton County, Texas. (right outside Dallas heading North towards Oklahoma).

I live in Omaha, Nebraska. So I called up the courthouse to find out how to pay for this ticket. I also asked about the diversion program, to see if I could qualify for that because I don't want the ticket going on my record. (points on my license, and my insurance will go up).

When I called in, I talked to a lady named Trina. She said I could sign up for the diversion and it wouldnt' go on my record. OK kool. I asked her if I could get a extension on paying the ticket. ( i just got back from vacation and had to pay all my bills, wanted to make sure I had enough money to last me through the month.... I get paid monthly).
She said yes I can get a extension. So I said well let me sign up for that diversion thing. She said since my ticket is due soon, that I should send in my ticket and ask for a extension.
That way I don't get a warrant sent out for my arrest. Then I can worry about the diversion.
Ok. So I did that. I called her back to see if I could fax my ticket to make it go faster. She said yes. So I did that and wrote on a piece of paper asking for a extension to pay for the ticket.

So some time goes by. The other day I realize oh shit where is that ticket i need to pay it. I got a letter in my mail probably the 1st or 3rd of May saying I need to pay the ticket by the 12th of May.

Ok so I found it friday night (May 8th). I call up the courthouse today to pay for the ticket and get signed up for the diversion class. .....

Lady says I can't sign up. I should have signed up instead of asking for the extention on the ticket. Because now that I got a extention I can't get the diversion program. (WTF??!)
So I ask to talk to her supervisor because I wasn't told this. I was told to get a extention on my ticket first, so I wouldn't get a warrant, then worry about getting on the division program.
I tell the Supervisor how everything happened. She says the same thing.

We have notes you talked about it, and we have a copy and notes of you sending in your ticket but it doesn't have you asking to sign up for the diversion program on the faxed paper. So no you can't sign up.
"i'm not going to argue with you about this anymore, good bye" ...'click'

Guys, what the fuck am I gonna do? I really can't have this ticket on my record.
Who should I call? Try and talk to the Judge? a Lawyer in Denton County?

It's now May 11th and my ticket payment is DUE May 12th. If I don't pay it, the supervisor said they will issue a notice to the state of nebraska to suspend my license! and I will have a warrant.

I can't have that. I sell cars, I don't need any warrants for 1. An too I really need my license to be able to have my job. Help me out Texas peeps.

I even offered to pay the fine plus the cost of the diversion program. The supervisor said no, you can't sign up now.

· Señor Member
5,246 Posts
If you get a ticket in another state, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will apear on your record. I got a ticket in West Virginia and said screw it, I'm not paying. Well, a few months later, I got a letter from Texas DPS stating they got notification that I have an unpaid ticket in WV and that my license would be suspending in 30 days if I didn't resolve it. I went ahead and paid the ticket but have never seen it on my record.

In your case, I would just contact an attorney in Denton.

· 1 EVIL IS
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you get a ticket in another state, it doesn't necessarily mean that it will apear on your record. I got a ticket in West Virginia and said screw it, I'm not paying. Well, a few months later, I got a letter from Texas DPS stating they got notification that I have an unpaid ticket in WV and that my license would be suspending in 30 days if I didn't resolve it. I went ahead and paid the ticket but have never seen it on my record.

In your case, I would just contact an attorney in Denton.
Thanks for the input brother.

I talked to a few Supra and Lexus Texas people and they said Denton County sucks when it comes to trying to fight a ticket.

They also said like you, it probably won't show up on my record.
I would of haggled and fought more, but from the way it sounds it. (I hope) won't go on my record.

I ended up paying it. I couldn't risk getting a warrant for my arrest or having a suspended license.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.