Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hasn't the tx2k5 or whatever it is these days happened? Don't see any chatter about that. I would love to see video of the road course track event if somebody has it. Guess I will go lurk outside of this section for news.

Barry H.
 

·
Very Senior Member
Joined
·
9,963 Posts
bwill said:
Hasn't the tx2k5 or whatever it is these days happened? Don't see any chatter about that. I would love to see video of the road course track event if somebody has it. Guess I will go lurk outside of this section for news.

Barry H.
Barry -
I don't know who has video. I know I didn't take any and any of me from the outside would not be pretty. My car was/is running like crap (pig-rich, probable bad O2 sensor). Must have looked like a diesel going around the few laps that I tried.
Of course, I had some ugly wheels on too!!!!

Too bad I didn't really get to warm them up properly :( :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Vicksupra, those wheels are fugly!!! LOL. Wonder where you got those? The Barry H. line of anti-bling stealth (no dusting) track set. Even though the motor was not running right could you tell a big difference in the rubber?

Wished somebody had video. I went to Road Atlanta the same weekend and had a blast running down Z06s, NSXs, and the like in the frankenstein rice burner. One Z06 backed it into the concrete driver's left coming out of Turn 5 trying to stay away from me since I passed him the session before and tried to take him in the session he wrecked (I was passing him, he started passing a H1 Honda so we were three wide & I backed off). I had a student in the car the last session which with a car so reliant on light weight and lower hp. that killed my top end (by about 400 revs on the back straight).

Wished someone would do a write up of the track event. I guess this makes me an old fart but I just don't get "dyno competitions". All about the numbers, zero driving skill, and whether it has "driveability" well I guess that doesn't matter.

Barry H.
 

·
.
Joined
·
238 Posts
I was there too, but no video. I think I need some fugly victoracer wheels too for my next event. :) My Kuhmo MX's were pretty greasy feeling.



Brad
 

·
OG
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
Super condensed write-up:
My first time in the advanced group. I probably was the slowest in the group, and was scared out of my wits at the dive into turn 1. My son threw up in my car and his helmet.

On the bright side, I kept it on the asphalt, whereas last year I did take an excursion into the mud

It was a fantastic weekend, and it was great to see all the guys there.

Cheers
Rich B.
 

·
www.ziptieracing.com
Joined
·
1,785 Posts
Rich B said:
My son threw up in my car and his helmet.

:lol:

what a horrible visual. did he not give you any warning he was going to be sick?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Rich B said:
Super condensed write-up:
"My first time in the advanced group. I probably was the slowest in the group, and was scared out of my wits at the dive into turn 1. My son threw up in my car and his helmet. "

That's funny. I had something similar happen with my wife riding with me at Mid-Ohio road course. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see her looking down, but I thought she was timing me so I picked up the pace. :) Turns out, she wasn't timing me - she was getting sick. I eventually figured it out and pitted early. She survived. She won't ride with me anymore. :)
 

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
dang. ive thrown up in a car with a helpmet on before, its not pretty. It his yours helmet then falls right into yoru lap.
 

·
Very Senior Member
Joined
·
9,963 Posts
bwill said:
Vicksupra, those wheels are fugly!!! LOL. Wonder where you got those? The Barry H. line of anti-bling stealth (no dusting) track set. Even though the motor was not running right could you tell a big difference in the rubber?

Fortunately, they run a lot better than they look. Even with the lousy motor response, I could tell the difference. I ran the MX's a few laps in that first madhouse session (advanced + instructors + one diesel mKiv !). The Vics felt nice, when I could get up some speed in the corners!


................

Wished someone would do a write up of the track event. I guess this makes me an old fart but I just don't get "dyno competitions". All about the numbers, zero driving skill, and whether it has "driveability" well I guess that doesn't matter.

Barry H.

Agree with the dyno stuff, unless you are tuning or measuring effect of engine performance mods. I'm glad I didn't sign up this year!!
 

·
OG
Joined
·
1,059 Posts
turbomx5 said:
:lol:

what a horrible visual. did he not give you any warning he was going to be sick?
Every few laps, I'd ask if he was Ok, and he said "great"... Then when the checkered flew, I was explaining to him to wave to the flag stations, to thank them and to acknowledge that we were seeing them.. he was awfully quiet. When we pulled into the paddock area, he asked me to take him to the bathroom, and I just told him "please don't throw up in my car, take off your helmet so you can get out quick"; as he was taking off the helmet, out it came - and then he tried to cover his mouth, which gave it a wider spread...

Not a pretty scene. But the boy has moxie - he went right out on the next session again. And he endured well the endless jokes for the rest of the weekend.

Cheers
Rich B
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
well since rich is the self pronounced slowest person in the advanced group. I started out second slowest. interesting is I was being passed on the short straight before turn 7 (I think) by one of the Ferrari's I kept to the outside and he dove in and took the inside. I think he figured out at the apex of 7 he was still going way to fast because he went straight off the track. thankfully he went straight and followed the side of the road.
 

·
Very Senior Member
Joined
·
9,963 Posts
stlsupra said:
well since rich is the self pronounced slowest person in the advanced group. I started out second slowest. interesting is I was being passed on the short straight before turn 7 (I think) by one of the Ferrari's I kept to the outside and he dove in and took the inside. I think he figured out at the apex of 7 he was still going way to fast because he went straight off the track. thankfully he went straight and followed the side of the road.
I dunno. The way my car was acting (poorly), I may have been the slowest. It ran pig rich because of a bad O2 sensor - belched black smoke all the way around.
Believe it or not, I actually passed a Viper in the advanced group. Probably made him throw up! :barf:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top