Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
I'd like to get mine working as well. I bought mine from SP, and had the instructions, but it never worked at all.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Ah, you guys! Any specific questions or overall? I'll do my best to remember and grab some pics for you all saturday morning :)

Power, ground, speed sensor from your tranny...

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
I will keep track of this thread - I'm never really on here, but when I rewire mine this next weekend (the 12th), I'll add some insight.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Ok guys...here ya go - it's not too bad:

There's 4 wires:
1) Power - well....power.
2) Ground - again...ground it.
3) Sig. In - This is the output from your signal convertor screwed into your transmission. Out of trans signal convertor - into the dakota digital box.

4) OUT 1 - Make sure you use OUT 1, otherwise, the calibration will be so far off, the speedo will barely move.

Take the output from OUT 1 and tap into the 3rd wire on the top of your odometer harness. It is blue with a red strip. This is what will make your odo & speedo work.

Go test it out :D You might have to do some small manual calibration, using the "up" and "down" buttons on your dakota box...but that's it!

Git R Dun,
Jay

·
Bearded Hermit
39 Posts
Oooh excelent. Just what I needed 2. :bigthumb:

Bit of a dumbass question. On the actual speed sensor on the box , Is it 12V to one pin then the other pin to the input of the Dakota box as you state ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quick question though, do i split that wire to bring it off to the aem box so it can see the speed as well for all the parimeters? Also do i just ground out the black wire from the speedo adapter at the tranny? It has two wires coming off of it.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Mike...damn it, i have feelings too! I keep them in a jar, over on my shelf!

Honestly, not too sure about the AEM part...I was on stock ecu. However, if you just tap into that wire in my pics, your speedo will work and, in theory, should send the signal back thru the harness and to your AEM.

And yes, just ground off that other wire from your speedo adaptor on the transmission.

migster - you're talking about the 2-wire adaptor on your transmission right? If so, see my answer above: 1 to ground and the other to the Sig Input.

jay

·
Bearded Hermit
39 Posts
Philly Single said:
migster - you're talking about the 2-wire adaptor on your transmission right? If so, see my answer above: 1 to ground and the other to the Sig Input.

jay
Many Many Thanks Philly , You are a star :bigthumb: :bigok:

·
jake's love of his life
7 Posts
Holy , My dakota device has the dip switches but no +or - nor those LED's . It doesn't look like its broken off either. uhh how do I make adjustments! Mine is from SP.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Blowing the dust of this thread. I got a GVOD fitted to my TH400. I have a Dakota unit for the GVOD and the Dakota unit for the TH400. My question is; where do I take the speedometer signal from? The TH400 or the GVOD?

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Need some help guys, I cant get mine to work at all.
I have tried with the three wires at the toyo VSS: hot in and blue/red stripe out, then cut and jumped box in @ odometer
I thought maybe it was going thru the factory buffer so I then killed the Blue/red thru factory harness and went stright up to the box input and then tied output @ odometer and still nothing
Basicly what are the two wires on the GM VSS? obviously one goes to the input signal, is the other a hot or ground?
thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
96 Posts
What settings do you guys have the up down switches set to? Mine records very few miles per a bunch of actual miles and the speedo doesn't ever go up so it must be converting to very low speeds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts