Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any how i made a flying run to Dallas for a motor for $150 and got a whole lot more

here is the motor i got

some shots of the harness being changed out as well as the injectors and other odds and ends to make it ready to bolt in and plug up to my car

and some of the old harness and injectors that came out they will be shipped out to another MK III owner to keep his ride going

and remember the bay before ?
before

after i went to town with the power washer and gave it a bath and myself it must have lightened the car by 200# no kidding

and the one cheesy shot of me because i know what i am building ( the Honda guy down the street don't even know what he is in for when we hit the track )

ant how that is the update as of today i go to the shop tomorrow and off load the motor from the truck and get it ready to stab and next Sunday it will drive its self home under its own power for the first time in who knows how long

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Very nice man... btw... your shirt doesn't fit correctly ;) hehehe... jk... aight peace :chicken:

ps- no plans to go turbo?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not at this time but if i get a house then i was thinking of getting a 1J clip and having a winter project but time will tell and no the shirt don't fit but it holds my smokes and grease well lol

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Glad you got home safely Duff! Wish I could have met you in person, but circumstances prevented that. I hope everything goes well with the install and stuff. Thanks again for shipping the harness and other stuff out for me, that's a HUGE help:). I'm sure Steven will appreciate it. Good doing business with ya! Hope I helped you out enough.

-Alex

·
Registered
354 Posts
damm bo you eat good wish i could eat that good. havent had any real tasty meals since i left south carolina

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
damm bo you eat good wish i could eat that good. havent had any real tasty meals since i left south carolina

not really i usually don't eat anything but diner and still cant lose this shit life sux being the fat boy

if i didnt fuck myself up and have 2 back suguries i would be in better shape than i am in now hell the dock wants to go back in and fuse me on 4 levels but that shit is some serious stuff i only hear bad about fusions so it is on with my fat assed life as is for now

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any how on with the pics

the blown rod hole

the empty bay

geting the motor reddy for some 5 speed love

the motor in its new home

and my friend Jay giving his time for my project

any how that is todays project :)

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Sweet :)

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Making good progress Duff. Good luck with wiring everything up. Do you already have the 5 Speed?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep using the one that came out all is wired and ready need to change the distributor and get a air intake tube I'm missing the one off the back of the AFM always something lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
she is up and running and running sweet i had to redo the injectors due to me being a dumb-fuck and not lubing the o rings the first time and pinched 2 of them and the grommets where leaking so i was pissing fuel and had vac leaks but after that was fixed it roared to life and sounds sweet

oil pressure gets low after idling for 30 minuets or so but no worse than i have seen before on my other supras 20-50 is coming soon and it shoots up when it gets even the slightest hint of throtle so take it easy for now and start getting parts for the bottom end this winter in the garage when i have down time

thank you again Alex it don't smoke near as bad as you led me to believe we got cars around here rolling like freight trains lol this little bit of haze is nothing

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
What's goin on Duff!? Glad you got it all wired in and stuff. Yeah I just wanted to let you know about the smoke thing just as a precaution. I didn't know how bad it was, but always something I thought should let someone know about before they buy something that critical. It was never a problem for me, but something to let you know about anyways. Yeah throw some 20w-50 and everything should be good.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Good job keeping another MKIII alive! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.... looking out for the community!

We've got a few of 'em running, but we still need to set up a local paint day to refresh the outsides of our rides (and fix some hail damage ;-)

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Good job keeping another MKIII alive! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.... looking out for the community!

We've got a few of 'em running, but we still need to set up a local paint day to refresh the outsides of our rides (and fix some hail damage ;-)
Well if it weren't for you (who I still owe money to) this would have never been possible:) As soon as I get my heating problem sorted out with a nice cooling system upgrade, then I can worry about getting my beat up MK3 looking nice.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
...Gonna have to break some thumbs ;-)

It's all good. You're local and I am okay with the delay on $$, so that you can get to where you need to. Important thing is that we all stay in touch and keep the momentum going. Josh and I are hoping to put some time in on Monday for our 1JZ and 2JZ swaps.

What I need is time and help, more than i need the $$. Getting withdrawals and am having to drive the wife's MKIV (new wheels/tires, etc) to get my Supra fix.

Matter of fact, she's starting to tease me like all them other MKIV-owners. "I know... what you really want is an MKIV, but all you can afford is an MKIII." She does tease me and does play with me that way. The only comeback I have is... "Wow, that's a nice MKIV. Is it a TURBO like on Fast and Furious?"

Until my swap is done, we won't be starting on her NA to TT swap;-)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the comments and you DFW guys have it going on hope to see you all some time in the future

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Yeah this whole swap thing took alot more than I thought it would. Anywho, yeah the DFW crew is a pretty close knit group of guys willing to help each other out. If it were not for them, I probably would have lost the will to go on with this car.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Yeah Steven got it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts