Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in 4 years of MKIV ownership the Supra died on me and left me stranded in PA roughly halfway on my trip and with nowhere to go, and only a socket set for tools. I called MKIVBren to see if he knew anyone or any garages in the area that I could get towed to, but he was not there and I left a message. On a Friday night I wasn't really expecting much response.
MKIVBren did call me back, asked where I was and got me in contact with Mike91T. Mike hooked up his trailor grabbed some tools and drove ~40 miles to get me. I was literally shocked that they would do this on a Friday night for someone they did not know more than a forum personality.
Luckily Mike brought a multimeter and some great diagnostic skills. He located and corrected the problem, and we never had to tow the car anywhere, and I was able to complete my drive back home. ( a faulty ground on my fuel pumps if you can believe it).
Anyways I want to thank these two for helping me, especially driving completely out of their way to do it. Mike who I met for the first time was an absolute class act guy. They are a true asset for our community and really helps define some of the better aspects of being car enthusiasts and community members. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Glad you made it to your destination ok Adam. It was very nice meeting you and it really was no problem helping you out on a friday night :) I'm glad I was able to get it running so we didn't have to push it on the trailer :urowned: Give me a shout sometime when you get back in MD and we'll all have to go out for a brew.

Mike

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Ahhh damn, could of called me too Adam. Mike definitely is the local supra road side assistance person for the MD/PA area. HAHAHAHA. Maybe the next meet we should all meet at a hooters and get some brew and some wings.

·
FUCK JDM
3,932 Posts
wow man,,,, thats great...... we need more supra owners like this in the world....
mike91T, are you the guy w/ the painted engine bay in black?

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:
wow man,,,, thats great...... we need more supra owners like this in the world....
mike91T, are you the guy w/ the painted engine bay in black?

Thats him. Probably one of the best looking engine compartments on the east coast.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I am very proud to be a part of this form of brotherhood when I read post such as this. This is what it all about!

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
mike is the shit!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm sure you all would have done the same for Adam. We all know (or fear) what it might feel like if we were to break down far from home in our cars. There isn't too many shops around that know how to work on modded supra's. Also, towing them can be a bitch so I'm glad his car was able to be fixed along the road. Don't forget to get that wiring taken car of Adam! :)

NSANITY said:
I am very proud to be a part of this form of brotherhood when I read post such as this. This is what it all about!

One reason I love these cars so much is that I had a 69 Camaro and a Stealth TT but when I'd go to meets everyone was so stuck on themselves and it seemed like they all had something to prove with their car. I remember going to a 3SI meet locally and hearing them bash on supra's and other cars. I knew then 3s cars weren't for me. :( I've made alot of friends who own supra's and I've helped them and they have helped me. It's great we are such a tight knit community :cuddle:

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Mike is certainly an amazing gentlemen......

He will be posting some nice pics of my car....lol, umm his NICE ASS whip in a few days...

Again, i can only add to his passion for the vehicle which shines around one excellent individual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts