Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You guys are going to be famous around here in Dallas. Keep up the great work!

Well I'm finally Single. Here's the specs:

~Turbo Concepts TC61
~Tial 40mm Wastegate
~Greddy eManage Blue
~Ebay Single Kit - Heat Coated Manifold and DP
~JDM 440cc Injectors (yep you heard right)
~(Venom 680cc Injectors on the way)
~HKS Manual Boost Controller
~Ebay FMIC
~Running 15-16 psi
~SP Built Tranny w/3800 Stall (kick down cables broke so I'm manually shifting - will fix soon)

This was an NA RSP that was converted to a TT -> Single.

It feels great, the power is smooth and strong. I was only running 12lbs of boost today and it didn't feel as strong as the JDM Turbos set at 18psi. So I turned up the the boost to 15-16 and it pulls very strong now. The 3800 stall helps me get into boost pretty quickly. My tranny's acting up cause the kick down cable is broke and so it's not shifting correctly and I'm having to do it manually - which sucks. The next steps are to put in the 680 injectors and fix the tranny and then tune it to 500-550 rwhp. Later.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
begone said:
You guys are going to be famous around here in Dallas. Keep up the great work!

Well I'm finally Single. Here's the specs:

~Turbo Concepts TC61
~Greddy eManage Blue
~Ebay Single Kit - Heat Coated Manifold and DP
~JDM 440cc Injectors (yep you heard right)
~(Venom 680cc Injectors on the way)
~HKS Manual Boost Controller
~Ebay FMIC
~Running 15-16 psi
~SP Built Tranny w/3800 Stall (kick down cables broke so I'm manually shifting - will fix soon)

This was an NA RSP that was converted to a TT -> Single.

It feels great, the power is smooth and strong. I was only running 12lbs of boost today and it didn't feel as strong as the JDM Turbos set at 18psi. So I turned up the the boost to 15-16 and it pulls very strong now. The 3800 stall helps me get into boost pretty quickly. My tranny's acting up cause the kick down cable is broke and so it's not shifting correctly and I'm having to do it manually - which sucks. The next steps are to put in the 680 injectors and fix the tranny and then tune it to 500-550 rwhp. Later.

My car should be done in two weeks. Let's hit the dyno together and tune them at teh same time.

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Good luck with the greddy emanage.

Im not a fan of the Greddy and AEM tuning devices. Just a personal preference. Hope everything goes well for you on the car.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TT4U2NV said:
Good luck with the greddy emanage.

Im not a fan of the Greddy and AEM tuning devices. Just a personal preference. Hope everything goes well for you on the car.
I've heard that recently from a couple of people. But the eManage Blue is just a bit better than the SAFCII. The euro and jspec guys say it's very good. Lots of them are using it on the J-spec ECU's. Some have moved up to the Ultimate, but the Blue is easier to tune they say. We'll see...

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks Drew, the kit turned out really nice. Too bad we had some problems with that first set of 680cc injectors. Also, your kit is using the Tial 40mm wastegate, not the ebay. Your car will definately be around the 550rwhp range with bigger injectors and 25 pounds of boost.

The emanage was actually a pretty nice little system, and easier to tune than the MAP ECU.

David

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
paymon said:
I dont see a MAF.. what're you running?
This is a JDM Supra Engine. I'm using an extended JDM Harness and ECU. So thats why theres no need for MAF - the JDM ECU is Map Based. Slap on the Turbo kit and go...essentially.

·
Banned
182 Posts
What exhaust are you running? Did the ebay downpipe bolt right up to the cat back? Did you need any custom work or a midpipe or anything else? Or was it all bolt on

Also what intercooler piping were you running?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Drew, car looks great man hope the E Manage is working out well for you.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
paymon said:
What exhaust are you running? Did the ebay downpipe bolt right up to the cat back? Did you need any custom work or a midpipe or anything else? Or was it all bolt on

Also what intercooler piping were you running?
Not sure about the DP. I have the HKS Super Dragger (love it by the way). And the intercooler piping was from JPImportz when he installed my Ebay Intercooler.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Supra600 said:
Thanks Drew, the kit turned out really nice. Too bad we had some problems with that first set of 680cc injectors. Also, your kit is using the Tial 40mm wastegate, not the ebay. Your car will definately be around the 550rwhp range with bigger injectors and 25 pounds of boost.

The emanage was actually a pretty nice little system, and easier to tune than the MAP ECU.

David
Congrats Drew, I saw your car the day Dave hauled it in. It's beautiful man! Dave is the man and so is Brian. Nothing like getting a strong finished product and having some fun on the weekends. Hope to see you at a future meet.

Arch

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
donkeypunch said:
My car should be done in two weeks. Let's hit the dyno together and tune them at teh same time.

I'll hit the dyno with you guys, maybe Chris can hook us up with some discount dyno time.

Ron

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
i wanna watch when you guy all hit the dyno. I already know what my car makes on its setup. But im down to watch you guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts