Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Great video between you and SW at the TX2K2 road racing event Andi! I enjoyed it a lot! :)
I assume you're referring to Jason Gibson's sweet road course video from my Tx2k2 recap page

Glad you liked it.... I enjoyed watching it too... just wish I hadn't've missed the braking point for the hairpin on one of those laps, it's embarassing... ;) ;)

Andi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Hey Andi,
I tried loading your video but for some reason I can get the audio but not the video part. Quick time says I am missing a compressor not found on Quicktime site or something like that. 99% of the time I can play quicktime. This is the second time I have ever got that message. Does anyone know what compressor I am missing and where the heck I can get it? Video sounds wicked though. Man I want to see it.
Barry H.
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
bwill said:
Hey Andi,
I tried loading your video but for some reason I can get the audio but not the video part. Quick time says I am missing a compressor not found on Quicktime site or something like that. 99% of the time I can play quicktime. This is the second time I have ever got that message. Does anyone know what compressor I am missing and where the heck I can get it? Video sounds wicked though. Man I want to see it.
Barry H.
Get the Divx codec... I realized this a few hours ago and added the link under the video. Then I erased it by mistake a couple hours ago. My bad. It's fixed now, there is now a Divx link under the video.. or better yet, goto www.divx.com and download divx5.

Andi
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
462 Posts
Great Video!!!

Looks like the suspensions on each car were setup very different.

It appears as though Andi's car understeered quite a bit, could be driving style. Whereas SW's car seemed to overseeter, and flick the backend around just the right amount to fling the car around the turns.

It also appeared that SW has a bit more power down the straights...so maybe that extra HP is what brings the tail around in the turns. Dunno.

Wish I could have been there!

Did SW get the fastest lap time on this trial??? Or, was this Andi's fastest last time?

Great cars!!!!

Congrats Andi!!

Later.
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Spool said:
Great Video!!!

Looks like the suspensions on each car were setup very different.

Nope.. just driving style. I had a suspension that is setup to oversteer MORE than SW's, and a single turbo that kicks in much harder and is 10x more difficult to modulate on corner exit.... He just likes driving sideways, I do too but not on timed laps. ;)

Oh, forgot to mention the suspension specifics. We both have the same suspension setup (Teins and bigass swaybars), I just have the stiffer rear Tein springs for more oversteer.

It appears as though Andi's car understeered quite a bit, could be driving style. Whereas SW's car seemed to overseeter, and flick the backend around just the right amount to fling the car around the turns.
Good try, but like I said above.... he was driving it that way.... and I was doing my best to avoid drifting as it's SLOW.

It also appeared that SW has a bit more power down the straights...so maybe that extra HP is what brings the tail around in the turns. Dunno.
It's just not your night is it Maury? ;) ;) I had more power (T64 @ 500rwhp vs his stock twins @ ~440rwhp)... albeit he did have the better powerband as I recently discovered that singles are darn near impossible to modulate on spool up... heh.

Wish I could have been there!

Did SW get the fastest lap time on this trial??? Or, was this Andi's fastest last time?

Great cars!!!!

Congrats Andi!!

Later.
Thanks. :)

SW, running on Hoosier cheater slicks ;) ;), got the fastest lap. I lucked out that his tires were so soft that in the 2nd round one of them got cut by the rough terrain so he DNF'd. My laps were consistently about 1/2 a second slower than his.

Considering that Hoosiers are at least 2 seconds faster than my AVS Sports on that little track, I'm pretty happy w/ how I did. Next time, I'll make sure to be on a fair tire matchup.

Friendly rivalries are fun aren't they? :)

Andi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Andi said:




It's just not your night is it Maury? ;) ;) I had more power (T64 @ 500rwhp vs his stock twins @ ~440rwhp)... albeit he did have the better powerband as I recently discovered that singles are darn near impossible to modulate on spool up... heh.



Andi,

How much does that compromise your corner exit speeds? Based on my limited sample size of big turbo cars I've seen at the track (2 or 3 cars), it seems like people with big turbos really have to take it easy on the throttle until they're pointed straight and might actually lose exit speed compared to a TTC car. As an example, an HK$ twin car I saw at Thunderhill was shifting from 3-4 significantly later than I was after the exit onto the front straight because I can go WOT a lot earlier than he can. (turn 15 on: http://www.thunderhill.com/map.html ) However, he was shifting 4-5 almost as soon as I was because he was making so much more power. :)


Eric
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Eric,

It's not THAT bad. I'm already used to it and can drive it the same way I drove TTC. I'm actually flooring it earlier than you might think from the video, as you only start to hear the car when I've hit full boost and the wastegate opens.

And this is on a tiny track.... On a bigger track it'll be perfect....

Andi
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
462 Posts
Andi...Sorry...thought that was his T72 car. Guess his HKS TI(?)exhaust note was quite a bit louder and the cameraman zoomed in a bit on the 2nd/3rd straightaway pass....it made SW's car look wicked fast.


So that's basically how my car looks on the street right now at BPU+++'s.....very SWEEEEETTTT.

What gear are you in when exiting the tight corner coming off the long back straight??

TTYL !
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Spool said:
Andi...Sorry...thought that was his T72 car. Guess his HKS TI(?)exhaust note was quite a bit louder and the cameraman zoomed in a bit on the 2nd/3rd straightaway pass....it made SW's car look wicked fast.


So that's basically how my car looks on the street right now at BPU+++'s.....very SWEEEEETTTT.

What gear are you in when exiting the tight corner coming off the long back straight??

TTYL !
2nd gear. Modulating the throtle like crazy...

Andi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
So Andi,
Are you going to bite the bullet and get some "cheater slicks" too? If you run track events it only makes sense to run on tires that are made to run at such high temps because even BFG KD are going to fall off some after repeated laps. I prefer tires that pick up paper cups off of the pavement in the paddock they are so sticky. Plus you don't run through your good street tires so quick (I run through my crappy ones very quickly) and don't heat cycle them so bad. In my neck of the woods showing up without Hoosiers or Kuhmo Vicoracers/V700s gives one a good excuse but not as good a lap time. Race tires are prevalent. When you spend God knows what on Single turbos, VPC, Piggybacks Intercooler, Headers, Wastegates, AP brakes, Teins, Bis Ass Sway, racing tires is chump change at that point. Hoosiers are faster but Kuhmo Victoracers last a buttload longer and are almost as quick run at the right tire pressure.
Barry H. (Dreaming of race wheels and faster lap times)

SW, running on Hoosier cheater slicks ;) ;), got the fastest lap. I lucked out that his tires were so soft that in the 2nd round one of them got cut by the rough terrain so he DNF'd. My laps were consistently about 1/2 a second slower than his.

Considering that Hoosiers are at least 2 seconds faster than my AVS Sports on that little track, I'm pretty happy w/ how I did. Next time, I'll make sure to be on a fair tire matchup.



Andi [/B][/QUOTE]:)
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
bwill said:
So Andi,
Are you going to bite the bullet and get some "cheater slicks" too? If you run track events it only makes sense to run on tires that are made to run at such high temps because even BFG KD are going to fall off some after repeated laps. I prefer tires that pick up paper cups off of the pavement in the paddock they are so sticky. Plus you don't run through your good street tires so quick (I run through my crappy ones very quickly) and don't heat cycle them so bad. In my neck of the woods showing up without Hoosiers or Kuhmo Vicoracers/V700s gives one a good excuse but not as good a lap time. Race tires are prevalent. When you spend God knows what on Single turbos, VPC, Piggybacks Intercooler, Headers, Wastegates, AP brakes, Teins, Bis Ass Sway, racing tires is chump change at that point. Hoosiers are faster but Kuhmo Victoracers last a buttload longer and are almost as quick run at the right tire pressure.
Barry H. (Dreaming of race wheels and faster lap times)

For just going to the track to play, I probably won't run slicks. It's just too expensive and I don't have a method to get the slicks to the track since I just drive the Supra and don't trailer it.

For when I spent got knows on all you listed, that just makes Hoosiers even harder to afford now.. :rolleyes: but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Andi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
Yeah the trailer and trailer hitch is a bitch but at least in my tire size I can cram them in the car for a few months until I get a trailer. I think I am going to end up with having a custom hitch done on my car.Doesn't Mohd have a trailer hitch? There is a guy in Birmingham who is gifted with machining and a welding torch. For me tires are a way to get back some time I lose to others with maybe more hp until I can afford more HP. I am sure your car is plenty fast enough Andi.:D
Barry H.
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Kevin Hoare said:
How do you like those big brakes up front Andi?

How's the F/R bias with the stock rear calipers?
The big front brakes rock. Theyr'e too good. The bias sucks.

We're installing a Wilwood bias valve on friday.

Andi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,339 Posts
I cant seem to download the video. I have got divxpro5ga and when I try to get your video it basically does nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Jeff
 

·
Supra OG
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
463supra said:
I cant seem to download the video. I have got divxpro5ga and when I try to get your video it basically does nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Jeff
Right click, and save-as to your desktop....

Double click the icon afterwards and it should work in mediaplayer.

Andi
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top